The Cricket Thread

I very nearly included Vaughan in my list of potential people associated with Yorkshire that could be implicated.

Yeah, he has previous for making questionable remarks about Muslims on twitter. Really is a strange bloke.

1 Like

The thing I find strange is he is adamant that he never made the comment he is accussed of, but his defence is that it was over 10 years ago, so questions the memory of the accusser, but his memory is perfectly fine

3 Likes

Yeh, it would be more believable if he’d said that he can’t ever recall making such a comment and doesn’t believe he ever would have done as it would be so out of character and entirely unrepresentative of his views.

A straight out denial claiming a monopoly on perfect recall is overstretching.

2 Likes

That may be what he was wanting to say and just got the wording wrong, but it just doesn’t sound good for him.

But without being there, I can only speculate on the evidence and what people say - but what Vaughan said as his defence is just sounding weird in my opinion

1 Like
1 Like

Oh dear, that situation is getting incredibly ugly for them.

WI have at least put up a bit of resistance today in Gayle and Bravo’s last outings on the international stage. Would fancy Australia to chase it down against this attack but we have a game on.

Aus massive…

favourites

Australia win this game. Then do England deliberately lose to SA by a margin sufficient to dump the Aussies out?

heart smile GIF

1 Like

Pakistan are the biggest threat remaining to England in this tournament, and although I’d fancy SA’s bowling attack to cause them more problems than Australia’s, we know how they have a tendency to choke on the bigger occasions. The Australians for all of their many, many faults would probably be the better bet in terms of running them close.

Needs to be a pretty huge SA win for them to get through now after the Aussies knocked that off with ease.

I think if SA were to post 200 and England didn’t get more than about 150, that would just about do it, wouldn’t it?

Doable.

Not impossible that’s for sure with van der Dussen in this kind of form. Every risk he is taking is coming off so far. Helped by some nothing bowling from Wood who I still am not convinced is that great in T20, would certainly much rather have Mills’ variations and left arm angle.

Pretty shambolic returns from Woakes and Wood today. England not helping themselves with some rubbish ground fielding as well, no idea what Wood was thinking trying to volley the ball onto the stumps then. Almost like he was messing about or something.

Will be a record chase on this ground if England are to win this game.

Oh no, looks like Jason Roy has done himself some serious damage. Luckily England are well stocked in opening batsman and a Billings or Willey could come in to the side with Bairstow moving up to open.

In the balance.
All my teams losing today, Man U, Burnley, not England too! :frowning:

Too much for England to do from here I think, but Australia can rest easy now.

Burnley saved your day!

1 Like