The Cricket Thread

just for me…whats the go?..you an aussie or just a fan of CJ?

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, it’s a bit confusing. I’m Anglo-Irish, but CJ was a a cult hero for me. My partner is Indian Aussie, so I have a lot of friends and connections down there. Love Australia in every way except cricket :wink:

3 Likes

you cant do that, its not an either or…its all in the same packaging…

you want Craig Johnson…you have to have Shane Warne as well

2 Likes

Cheers for this……

So, if you like Jordan and Trent you have to like Botham and Pietersen?

Warne’s surprisingly good as a commentator :wink:

Hey CJ @Bekloppt have a listen to a Podcast (if not already) with the great Skippy on howiegames. Howie is a journal commentator here.

It’s quite an inspirational story how he left Australia at 15 overcame massive challenges and busted his ass to get a start at Boro before the big transfer.

He likes a chat.

1 Like

didnt realise Botham and Pieterson were the the red half of Liverpool…

1 Like

You pretty much called it. No point in even watching the highlights.

1 Like

I can predict the next test too if you want :slightly_smiling_face:

He is a renaissance man - footballer, inventor, rapper…

And a family man….retiring from LFC in his 20’s to care for his sister. Wow.

1 Like

Would be nice to wake up in the mornings and see that it’s at least competitive and going to the 5th day.

Another 5-0 whitewash me thinks.

Best to focus on the mighty reds :trophy:

2 Likes

Fixed for accuracy #ScouseNotEnglish :wink:

hmmm GIF

What’s wrong with Titi?

Not sure why, I just never warmed to him. Might be the fact I seem to remember him more for WH than for us

1 Like

Even after he scored the winning goal against West Ham on the day after his dad died and fell to his knees in tears?

1 Like

Oooh, I feel a wager coming on. £10 to charity says England win.

I’d be surprised if they changed anything in the batting yet. Burns despite having about 30 ducks this year is still England’s second highest run scorer, and Crawley was averaging less than 10 in the year when he was dropped. I also hope they persist with Leach, but they’ll have to find room for the two you’ve mentioned somehow.

1 Like

Surely Broad and Anderson play though? I’d definitely keep Robinson but Woakes was decent too. Wood was excellent as well though but it makes sense for him to play both of MCG and scg as his pace will be useful on those usually flat ‘drop in’ pitches, which is why I’d suggest he missed Adelaide.

Fed up to the back teeth of all this wise after the event shit from pundits about Root’s decision to bat and drop Broad. Imagine we put them in, Broad looks impotent and they put 400 on. Then everybody and their dog says that when you win the toss you consider putting the opposition in, look at the pitch, look at the weather, consider the form of your bowlers then bat. Mr Boycott is rarely wrong on matters pertaining to willow and leather.