The Cricket Thread

Broad looks menacing, Jimmy looks nearly 40.

It would have had more ramifications had Cummins tested covid positive.

But if he had given a negative test, then play on. The chances of him showing up a positive test after one negative test due to this contact alone are negligible.

Sad Big Brother GIF by Global TV

Oh I feel bad for Buttler. And I don’t even remotely like England.

That was an idiotic drop.

Why is Buttler even keeping ? England have Foakes who’s a far better keeper.

What a day for Buttler. To take that screamer, then to drop a relatively easy one and its that second one thats clearly been on his mind that lead to the second drop. It doesn’t help that they are probably all fatigued out there.

Can’t make any excuses there, that’s an absolutely shocking miss from Buttler.

1 Like

Gotta say the pink ball tests are awesome. Great TV viewing and gives the bowlers a chance at night with the movement. Tactics around declarations it’s got it all.

1 Like

Just happy from an Australian perspective it (so far) hasn’t been the bowling demolition we saw last time England were here at the AO. Ball moving but not massively so.

Every viewer in England would be happy if all 5 tests were day-nighters :wink:

You drink more as well into the night. I struggle with my first beer at 9.am at the Sydney Test each year.

1 Like

Except in the subcontinent where the dew factor comes to play , No reason why there shouldn’t be at least 1 D/N every series.

Smith and his clone shutting up shop now. Can accelerate scoring tomorrow and put England to the sword in the evening session.

Buttler’s drop is gonna cost England big time. There was every chance of getting a new batsman out there and getting further wickets. Australia ending up at 200/4 mostly means an even first day and that chance is gone.

These two seem to have taken tips from Pujara.

Personally I just want to see an even contest between bat and ball which seems a bit of a rarity these days, more often than not it seems to swing to either extreme (though England’s woeful batting often makes pitches much worse than they actually are). The last test was a pretty good pitch throughout, enough there at all times for the bowlers to work with.

I feel awkward watching England to be honest

I wasnt commenting on whether it made England more competitive or not, but because staying up all night on workdays to watch cricket is shit.

1 Like

Working from home I pretty much miss the entirety of this second test.

Probably because I have shifted by hours to 11-7

My way is staying at work, getting 2 hour sleep about 10pm then staying up till 5 ish having arranged a late start. Plays havoc with the body clock but that’s the beauty of being your own boss. Working Sat night though :frowning: Still, might be almost over by then. Tired bowlers in the afternoon tomorrow, a 12 over old ball on a road and Aus put their feet on our throats. Declare on 500 then bowl us and make us follow on. Could be over by Saturday afternoon tea.