The Cricket Thread

Possibly, but then I’m being punished for supporting the hopeless, helpless, doomed and utterly condemned to ultimate painful oblivion.

And Brain Tumour UK.

Root for 200 and Stokes to bowl like Beefy. We’ll kick their arses this test, you watch.

Ok, I win either way :wink:

Looking at the pitch and current weather conditions, I wonder if England will be tempted to make a change to their team depending on the result of the toss. Wouldn’t be a surprise given the muddled thinking that has plagued them so far.

New opening partnership, Root still in before the tenth over.

Fuck, England! Are you even going to give us a 5 day cricket match??!!

Malan had done a lot of the hard work then, what a terrible time to get out. So very typical of this tour.

This is getting beyond painful. Too pissed to stay up……

1 Like

Labour party finances to receive a double boost :sob:

2 Likes

Even with this hangover I can bat better than that……

Steve Harmison was just asked on TalkShite if Root should be dropped as captain?

I think his captancy of late has been pretty poor - not just in the Ashes but has been for a while, but I don’t really see any other clear option. Stokes is the go to all-rounder, so not sure he needs any additional responsibility. Broad and Anderson can’t play a full series, plus being the 2 main strike quick bowlers I’m not a fan of either being captan, so it leaves a bunch of batters that are all either questionable if they should still keep their place in the team, or are heading in that direction.

Maybe Bairstow, but I don’t know what his position within the squad is like in terms of is he a leader or not?

Very smart of England not to take too much time out of the game with such annoying things like batting. We need to take 20 Australian wickets, good idea to get them in as early as possible.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

All the big talk in the last week and then it’s same old same old.

Reminds me of certain football teams.

Stokes as captain would be like Freddie, pedalo time. Plus he’s not always fit for a variety of reasons. Root isn’t just our most consistent player, he’s also our most consistent player. Says something about the team that not a single other player is a guaranteed start.

as a batter he is heads and sholders above the rest of the team, but over the last year or so, his decision making has been very questionable.

No Broad or Anderson in Brisbane, winning the toss on a green pitch with overcast conditions and deciding to bat alone should be enough to be dropped as captan

1 Like

This series is unbelievably dull.

Australia will get 400+ and England will be all out for 150

Probably won’t last much into day 4.

1 Like

Sadly can’t disagree.

Double or quits?

I hope you don’t gamble regularly :wink:

I make people very unhappy playing poker, Monday nights if you’re ever local.

But is that a yes? Bump it to £20 or quit? Need to know before 2nd day kicks off.

Bring them home and void the series, the only logical course of action.

1 Like

Just up from a 3 day celebration hangover to sit back and watch cricket all day….hang on wtf COVID strikes again. Thankfully (for us Aussies!!) play is back on.

Off now to read the Pommy press views and my guess not pretty.

Ian Chappell’s honesty is brutal. And I like it!

Also he’s shut down this ‘rub of the green’ nonsense that Gower and the studio crew have been perpetuating.