The Cricket Thread

Which is more excruciating?

Bitter sweet for me right now.

Massive Day 1 didn’t miss a ball, drank a lot of cans and was getting set for a few more days. Then family covid issue and forced into iso for a week. Wtf!! No more SCG action.

Glad Leach got some in the end. He was mercilessly sprayed by the piss heads late in the day - from the members mind you. “ hey Leach your average is higher than your number” (he’s 77) etc. That was a good one but I told some dickhead to grow up eventually.

@Noo_Noo stinking hot here so off to the pool for classic catches. Cmon this is fabulous cricket.

3 Likes

Replacing a keyboard is either 2 minutes or 4 hours. This was the 4 hour version. Time it took for Kawaga (spelling?) to knock a splendid century.

I know kids who bowl better than Leach.

1 Like

Jesus Khawaja’s batting is easy on the eye. I generally don’t feel relaxed watching the Aussies batting but do when Khawaja is out there. Phenomenal test for someone who’s been out of the team for so long.

I do hope they throw him in as opener for the Tassie test if Head is available.

Great looking weather forecast

Better than here I bet. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

‘Great’ as in rainy? Forecast for showers in the morning but it seems it will be on and off. Here’s hoping England get the full over count… Well the Aussies won’t need them all.:blush:

Is that off the ECB website?

It’s a sad indictment when that is the highlight of the tour.

Fingers crossed it rains, we can’t bat all day. Jack Leach I’m staring at you which is ironic given what you once did.

It’s pretty funny watching the BT studio crew. I can picture England doing well in the first session, then when the session ends, the studio crew will all be giddy and upbeat. Then Australia will eventually break a partnership, and England will lose 6 wickets for 35 runs. Studio crew will be all deflated. It’s a tough time to be an England commentator having to talk positivly when England are this bad.

1 Like

Fuck me. Alex Carey really testing Buttler in the ‘shittest keeper’ competition.

If it wasn’t for that absolute 'mare from Buttler a few tests ago then Carey would be just edging him. Fucking appalling keeping this series.

Going when it’s first slips, leaving it for first slip when it’s his, and dropping a tonne of regulation catches. Carey had provided all the examples for a ‘don’t do’ keeper handbook.

Any English batsman who gets out today caught anywhere other than off an edge needs banning from the team for life. Just know no. 6 will be slogging in the afternoon.

Well done Carey. Good comeback.

I was a keeper in the old playing days and we all know the feeling of dropping a catch. Like missing a penalty….

1 Like

Hopefully this is a change of ends for Lyon and Mitchell “short-leg side to Crawley-Four” Starc is off.

I remember Warne being asked why Aus sometimes took their foot off the gas once they’d won a series. “We’re all still drinking to celebrate” was his possibly quicker than he intended response.

I mean…you haven’t lost all your wickets in big clumps (yet)… That’s something…

Stupid review. Only review that if you hit it and you know immediately if you hit it or not.

1 Like

Heroes.