The Cricket Thread

This news to me, too.

Where did you live??

Didn’t expect to wake up to this. Well done lads :slight_smile:

I mean they’ve still been terrible, but lest they’ve avoided the white wash. Let’s see. Might even have a go last test and win it…

1 Like

There will be some champagne popping tonight after that effort to draw :rofl:.

1 Like

Sorry I thought this was common knowledge. I live in Adelaide.

Long time ago now though. Wow, a really long time ago.

Lived?

sorry yes. funny keyboard + fat fingers = muches typos.

Great time in Australian cricket though. Alan Border, Kim Hughes (the tears) I remember the end of Lillee, Rodney Marsh, Greg Chapel, Geoff Lawson, Tomo and so on. Windies had a brutal bowling attack of Malcolm Marshall (a fav of mine), Michael Holding, Joel Garner etc. pure pace. But I also remember the likes of Abdul Qadir. The big shame was missing the likes of Warne bringing spin bowling to the forefront of fashion as it were. It wasn’t really a thing outside of India, Sri Lanka, and Pakistan back them.

I put TMS on at my old job in about 1993 and experienced 12 years of dreadful England performances. 70-4 at lunch was doing well. 2005 was so very very good :slight_smile:

NZ 349-1 :rofl:

Things are back to normal :blush:

Don’t think they had any good spinners during that period.

1 Like

You’re right. They weren’t the strongest side back then. Just looking it up they only really had de Silva, who I dont really remember but gets extra kudos for being a leg spinner.

Ranatunga also. But both were Carl Hooper level bowler :grin:

Could bat though, man could they bat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hooper? One my favorites. Had some delicious leg-glance :heart_eyes:

Not back then from my memory. That accolade went firmly to the West Indies and Australia (following it down under that is) Things may have been different on the sub continent.

Worth noting that I have zero memory of South Africa at that time, because of “those” reasons.

Anyhow that’s a nice £20 win off an Aussie friend. I said it wouldn’t be a 5-0 whitewash (based solely on the rain).

2 Likes

Brilliant cricket analysis there

1 Like

I don’t get paid for my opinion yet i hazard a guess it’s better than some.

Our 3-1 predictions are still in with a shout.

1 Like

Don’t let the tail wag.

Considering we were 3/12 I’m happy with 280. Middle order did its job yesterday.

1 Like