The Cycling Thread

WVA is having some year. If he salutes tomorrow…

And Jonas…more than happy to eat humble pie on this one.

Fucking great Tour.

1 Like

So Philipsen wins the sprint. I need to see it but highlights are late this evening.

Plus I really need to show @SBYM how keen I am, honest.

With an entire Netflix series on it to come so we can relive it all again.

Been the best one in ages.

1 Like

I can not agree with that :cry: no south west cross wind stage just too dissappointing.

Can’t please everyone I guess.

Best Tour I’ve ever seen. Granted I’ve only been interested for 7-8 years

But we had cobbles. That was a spectacular stage.

It was a tour that had so many layers to it. 2 main protagonists, team tactics but not in a dominant wat, Covid losses, spectacular inputs from team riders, negligible time trial impact and of course fairness too.

I forgot to add, due to work I saw very little of it that was even more dissappointing (even if I started off dissapponted by the route the moments I did see were very good, then again when I do see a stage I’m always happy). Best (in ages) though?
Surely going too far as they are all great, they are all different though perhaps this one had greater difference than we have come accustomed to (that chances the perspective but doesn’t make it best, the route has to count for something and this years route wasn’t good enough imo).

Who said I wasn’t pleased, loved what I saw. Just don’t agree on using the word best, that’s greatly different.
As said before I think the route is important and that seems to be getting worst year by year imo.

1 Like

No offense meant by it, just a turn of phrase.

Route wise I do think there’s a lot more TV audience consideration in the planning and that won’t be to some people’s liking. But compared to the Sky train days, even with the Jumbo dominance this time around, the racing has been incredibly exciting. The cobbles and gravel are just adaptations to make it more exciting and unpredictable.

3 Likes

Next week…19 August to 11 September 2022
TTT stage 1?!!!

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

… using tramadol has been an offence under the UCI medical rules because of the side-effects of the substance that include dizziness, drowsiness and loss of attention.

Testing positive for tramadol does not constitute a doping violation.

1 Like

Ok cyclists of the internet. The pic below is my mountain bike. It’s an old 2006 (I think) Marin Mount Vision. It works but I’m utterly garbage on anything technical, lumpy rock trails for example but I do wonder if there’s anything I can do to this to help out. I’m so out the loop on this stuff I don’t know my ass from my elbow. Priority is miles in the legs but I do wonder if there’s anything else I can do.

I may look at bigger wheels for example.

Get yourself one of these…

The end.

1 Like

Ps. I had no idea mountain bikes have been using discs for so long.

I would definitely die on that.

Nice though.

I have a road bike too. Nothing fancy again but I know I’m the weak link there. Same on the MTB to be honest but just wondering if there was any scope.

1 Like

And they say cycling is a dangerous activity!