The Rugby Union Thread

A sport always has something that becomes tolerated. RL in Australia has the same high tolerance for forward passes.

And in the NBA, two steps were once the allowance when shooting a layup, but I have legitimately counted six steps on some of Lebron’s layups.

Without taking an opinion on that pass, I have to say the quality of broadcast replay was truly dismal. I saw one angle in a rushed clip, on what was probably the most contentious decision of the match. I was really not sure when I saw it live, definitely was wondering, and was never satisfied for myself.

2 Likes

Aussies get the Man City draw. Will walk to the semis and then get crunched by South Africa.

Nothing like pre tournament predictions ending up in the hall of shame or I told ya so….

Draw is so lopsided! A good world cup for a very poor wallabies team perhaps with a free ride to a semi final.

1 Like

I think South Africa is the team to beat. There are no dark horses. Forget Argentina.

I’m just going to enjoy the tournament and it lasts for seven weeks! People will be well into their Christmas shopping, by the time the final comes around.

1 Like

The rule is whether it came out the hand backwards / forwards etc. Strange anomaly of a spin pass is how it can drift when the passer is on the move.

Still I never saw it (camping), only heard it on the radio. Didn’t change the result any thankfully. All Blacks were beaten. 4m sounds crazy forward though.

In the lead up games some of the refereeing has also been open to debate shall we say.

I did wonder how France would go without Ntamack. Ok it seems.

1 Like

Never seen such a disciplined French national team in my life. However their real strength as shown against NZ is that there is no drop in quality, level or tactics when the replacements come on. They are going to be hard to beat, I mean they dominated NZ for the last 30 odd minutes, incredible fitness levels and timing of replacements.
Btw how many replacements are they allowed now, it seemed the whole French team was replaced bar Penaud?

Same could be said of England.

If Ireland beat SA then Scotland they will face NZ or France in QF. If they get to semi they’ll have a far easier game than the 3 before. Ridiculous draw

Often the angle we see on tv makes it look forward when it’s not.

I think the game is far better with benefit of the doubt going to attacking team. Beats the absolute farce we have in football with offside and VAR

Yes but in this case you can clearly see the ball being thrown forward from the hands. A clear forward pass not picked up by ‘VAR’ which is ludicrous.

Still France were the better team and showed it in the end!

1 Like

It’s started already, I don’t agree with it but it has. I was in Costco on Monday and Christmas stock is on display.

1 Like

Eight

1 Like

Look in Home Bargains…Halloween and Christmas…:nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:…but I suppose if you’re on a budget…to buy bit n bobs each week…it helps…

2 Likes

Training game today. Same next week. Scotland and/or SA could both beat us

The fixtures really allow Ireland to give everyone who needs it plenty of playing time in the opening two games. The entire squad should be primed for the South Africa game in a fortnight’s time.

2 Likes

Christmas crackers already on the shelves in M&S

At the rate things are going with forward passes the final will be more like the superbowl.

One inadmissable where the passer was at a standstill, how ‘they’ didn’t see it is a complete wonder to me.

I’m not really a fan of rugby union, I know where the teams are roughly in their history so I’m going just watch and try and get into it.

International football has already bored, that or the body needs some time away from football.

Support Ireland MH, it’s the only option.

2 Likes