The Rugby Union Thread

I have strong Irish roots so like in the football I will express some support for them.

1 Like

Me too.

England rugby team remind me of all the blokes I used to avoid at Uni.

Yeah I’ve met a few through our school boys amatuer football team.

Not people I’d want to spend time with and the students I knew when I worked at Swansea were even worse.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a fair point. Plus another fortnight between SA and Scotland.

Scotland are looking great. We’ll be favourites but some fine margins, or a Finn Russell masterclass, could see the Scots get a win

1 Like

I’ll be very surprised if the Scots beat you.

2 Likes

These drop goals have really rattled the Argentinians. Kudos to George Ford.

2 Likes

Very harsh red card…no malice at all and was just a coming together.

2 Likes

Rugby is getting softer than Football after that red, if he had gone low he would have been early and would have taken the guy in the air, instead stood his ground and their player came into him with his head, soft red for me

1 Like

Agree, thought it was harsh. Still, mon the Argies! :argentina:

That is the law though. If the defender is standing tall and makes contact with the opponants head then he is in trouble.

When tackling, you need to bend at the waist.

Arguably the worst thing about this World Cup, so far at least, is the return of the shit retro thin moustache. So many players are wearing them this tournament.

They were crap in the 80s, and they’re crap now.

1 Like

I was served by two early twenties lads in two shops today and they both had one :joy:

See Curtains hair cuts :persevere:

1 Like

And would have taken him in the air and a yellow a red was harsh as their player moved into him

1 Like

Saying that a tremendous performance with 14 men, like watching Liverpool with 10

2 Likes

Where have you been living for the past 5 years?

1 Like

How about a mullet with a goatee tash.

Like the death penalty for facial hair infringements?

Wtf is this group, compared to Ireland, SA and Scotland.

Blueprint for fucking up a tournament

It was a completely transparent draw process.

Fed up of people whinging about the draw; you got who you got, so deal with it.

Anyway: excellent defensive effort from England, although Argentina were poor. They should now win the pool and have every chance against (probably) Wales in the QF, but they’ll get annihilated by whoever they face from the top half of the draw in the semis.

3 Likes

It probably is in Saudi Arabia.

1 Like