The Rugby Union Thread

2 best teams in the final. NZ have to take advantage of the next 10 mins while it’s 14 vs 14.

Who did England beat for 3rd place?

Now that one looked way worse to me, but I’ve come to accept that I simply don’t watch enough rugby anymore to understand how these decision are made these days

Wow wow wow.

De Allende has been a tank defensively but he got ran around like he’s a prop there.

Not for me. I think this should be the third place final. France and Ireland best 2 sides for me.but New Zealand have really come good too.

England beat Patagonia B

Key thing is whether the tackler has bent down or not.
First one upright as a flag pole, second one Kalisi was bent at the hip.

Saveua (spelling) all black no, 8 having a monster game

Yet the opposite is true of the runner. Sure there is more mitigation for hitting a guy fractionally high as he dips into contact the smashing your head into the head the a totally upright ball carrier?

I know, but onus is always on the tackler. Very difficult if the ball carrier dips and leads with tucked elbows.

Yep, don’t want to get under anyone’s skin. But that poor England team got further than any of the Northern Hemisphere sides and beat Patagonia B twice. That’s mostly down to mentality in my opinion. That’s what NZ and SA have over France and Ireland. That extra in mentality which makes that important little bit of difference.

Oooofff that is huge opportunity missed

As much as it feels NZ haven’t had the rub today, including the penalty separating them being one the ref admitted immediately he got wrong, they’ve still missed two kickable chances to take the lead

I was saving this till the end but it’s been a slightly bizarre world cup. A combination of the draw and some knife edge decisions have resulted in the top 4 teams not quite matching what I’ve seen as the best teams.

Even now I see the All Blacks as the better side but the card and a few other things means they may lose. Yet again Smidt with hands on the floor smuggling a ball to win a game.

1 Like

Unbelievable game All Blacks, Springboks nearly choked on that.

Why not? They’re trying to get under ours.

Well some get too worked up about it to have a proper conversation. Not worth the aggro.

I have my doubts that Ireland would have beaten England in that semi. Historically in the world cup, 4 of the best 5 teams were in the semis of this world cup.

You’re all lucky Australia just wasn’t feeling it this year.

This year, last year, last few years.
:wink:

Oz rugby is in real trouble.

We’ll be cannon fodder for a few years yet.

Why do you think that is?

Only 1 or 2 points between Ireland, France, SA and NZ. As said before, any could beat any of the others on any given night.

That said, SA had the hardest draw and the toughest matches. Well deserved :clap:

2 Likes