The Rugby Union Thread

Well done Ireland beating the kiwis. Now if only they could repeat it when it matters in the RWC

2 Likes

I feel we got lucky vs Fiji there.

Without the red and yellow cards I canā€™t see how we would have won it.

I see Erasmus finally got censured for his outburst before the second test. That will certainly act as a deterrent

1 Like

Cā€™mon boys!!!

Back in your box.

Me? Iā€™m going to lie down. FFS weā€™re crap.

:fu:

With love, of course.

:point_right: :fist_left:

You want to stick your finger up my bum??

Weirdo.

Best I could do under the pressure of trying to find any kind of emoji that would form a suitable riposte. I havenā€™t recovered from the game yet.

Weā€™re still behind you southern lot IMO.

PS I dont want to go anywhere near your bum. Lord knows where its been.

1 Like

France were said to be fantastic vs the All Blacks. What a scrum half they have!

I honestly need to catch up on that game.

2 Likes

It was a good game, just watched it this morning. Each time NZ looked like they were moving up the gears, France would get a big play - the interception try was huge.

So do I to be honest, Iā€™ve only seen highlights.
Some great place kicking from both teams. Real good mix from France solidarity and traditional French rugby, really hard forward play with some real flair from the backs.

Quite possibly the best two sides in the world right now, certainly top 3. I can happily watch New Zealand play all day, but itā€™s equally brilliant, if not more so when a side steps up and gives them a run for their money. Thereā€™s a kind of blood in the water feeling to it if you get my meaning.

As for Wales, weā€™ve had a rough time injury wise but I cant shake the feeling weā€™re going backwards. Australiaā€™s 14 players yesterday attacked at a faster pace, ran better angles and their overall play seemed to have a plan to it. I couldnā€™t quite see that with us and as a result it looked slow and cumbersome, almost predictable. I think weā€™ve survived off the back of some refereeing decisions this Autumn. Iā€™m concerned to be honest.

1 Like

Kiwis are having a rough test window. Really enjoyed the Ireland-NZ match, but it was surprising how completely the Irish dominated. They could easily have had a significant lead at the half, the score did not reflect the balance of play at that point. However, I suspect they are moving up the steep part of the learning curve at the right time.

1 Like

Anyone read about that horrible incident at the Wales/Australia gameā€¦ Drunk fan in the stands vomited all over the poor six year old kid sitting in front of him and attending his first gameā€¦ Apparently the young kid is ok now, which is good, but read somewhere this morning, and shouldnā€™t even laugh about it, but when the guy sobered up he said to the stewards are they sure it was him that vomited, because he couldnā€™t remember eating a six year old at the restaurantā€¦! :0)
NB* There were no animals or children permanently harmed in the telling of this story.!!

Only a Welshman. No relation to Nat Phillips.

1 Like

Interesting no name mentioned. Had it been a footballer his name would be plastered all over the media

Needs to be charged first.