The Tennis Thread

Federer said: "What a match. To my friend and great rival Rafael Nadal, heartfelt congratulations on becoming the first man to win 21 Grand Slam singles titles.

"A few months ago we were joking about both being on crutches…amazing. Never underestimate a great champion.

"Your incredible work ethic, dedication and fighting spirit are an inspiration to me and countless others around the world. I am proud to share this era with you and honoured to play a role in pushing you to achieve more - as you have done for me for the past 18 years.

“I am sure you have more achievements ahead but, for now, enjoy this one!”

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

3 Likes

Good for him.

He is rich enough already and can probably retire from Tennis now or Serbia can organize a tournament for him every month domestically or he can change career tracks and be a trucker.

Hmm…seems like a convenient excuse for not finishing with more grand slams than either or both of Rafa or Rodger. “I would have won more grand slams but I stood by my principles…”

He would have won more though…

Fair play to him - he is allowed to stand by his principles.

Not all about numbers and trophies.

Just like for a lot of people Federer will remain the best of his time or ever, regardless of the number of GS’s.

Dokovic is surely up there of course, he maybe thinks he still has time to do both - avoid vaccination and still win some important things.

He is, but also others are also allowed to stand by their principles, and if that involves banning him from entering a country because he isn’t fully vaccinated that is his problem

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Crazy, but then again, when you see what she’s achieving in other sports, I can see why she would call it a day having achieved 3 grand slams by aged 25. Box ticked, plenty in the bank, chase another goal.

She’s played cricket between 2014-2016 in the big bash at Brisbane Heat as a batter, and also has a golf handicap of 4.

Some people are gifted with their athleticism and ability to control their body, being able to put their hand to anything. Will be interesting to see if she remains in sports, and to see what she can achieve.

1 Like

To be fair if I was a multi-millionaire world champion at 25, I’d have retired, travelled and spent time with my family.

Liverpool fan Caroline Wozniackit has played her last match yesterday.

3 Likes

Holy shitballs.

No doubt he’ll be in some nice comfy prison and out in a year on a tag.

The same as a lot of other criminals. He’ll serve half his sentence, the same as everyone else.

I’m not sure what I think about this

Im not sure either, but I am sure that I can be happy to say “fuck Djoko”

1 Like

I think we all can say that.

1 Like

I am not crying, you are. What a player.
Congratulations Rafar Nadal​:sob::clap::+1:

3 Likes

Bit harsh. What do we have against Draper?

1 Like