The Tennis Thread

Losers are usually our go to players.

First day of wimbledon, already had rain delays :sweat_smile:

Yeah I looked last week as I live locally and thought wow that actually looks good and then it came over earlier on :rofl:

1 Like

Entertaining match sees serena out in the first round.

Kyrgios already with the underarm lol, only first game Nick lad.

One Hit Wonder Emma

a tad unfair about a young lady starting out in her career.

but talking of one hit wonders John Isner, can hit a serve with a lot of power, and that is all he has

as the rest of his game is crap, so many mistakes

3 Likes

Shes 19 and has won more slams than the majority of all tennis players. I think it might be a couple of years until she wins another but i think shell have won a fair few before she retires. Capable of some brilliant tennis, dont think she should have changed coach though. When shes settled a bit more and matured as a player she will be very good.

1 Like

Something about watching Murray play now reminds me of Henman. Entertaining and thrilling but you know its an unhappy ending.

Happy to see Watson through.

Norrie playing well so far.

1 Like

I was suprised to see Norrie is that high in the rankings kind of player who has gone under the radar a bit.

1 Like

Norrie norrie norrie

Oi oi oi

Chants the Wimbledon crowd

Oops

Not a tennis fan, so very rarely watch it, even when it is on bbc, but this Kyrgios vs Tsitsipas match is actually very entertaining.

I never realised just how good a player Kyrgios actually is. But he is still a total cunt

4 Likes

I wasn’t impressed at all, can tell it not working with a crowd at his back or say Nadal or Fed playing him.

Though Nadal was having a moan at Sonego yesterday.

Nice moment getting a lot of the former champs on. Was lovely for Sue to get the biggest ovation - gonna be very strange next year without her.

1 Like

Watson being completely outplayed. Hopefully better tennis to come from Norrie

Some great 5 setters today in the Men’s. Could this year be the year Kygrios tames his personality and delivers on his talent?

If it’s him or Novak I’ll support him anyone else it’s anyone else. Can’t stand that approach, his language violation was fine, accept it get on with it.

2 Likes

He may do the later but not sure there’s a leash big or strong enough for the former.

1 Like