The Tennis Thread

If Murray still had his hips he’d be challenging for slams. Watching that match earlier and yesterday it was clear he was a better techinical player than Tsitsipas but just couldn’t cover the court in the way that he used to or in the way the modern game requires.

Norrie vanquished by Chris Eubanks. He always said he wasn’t a fighter, he was tennis player.

Only Boulter left as the British hopeful. Fingers crossed for her tomorrow.

2 Likes

What is this hailing n wailing in the march in beeb2…

Jon Bon Jovi…looking very nice at Wimbledon…

Would be nice if it could stop raining so heavily up here along with the thunderstorms so I could get my satellite signal back… :face_exhaling:

Is it that bad…we’ve had rain n thunder but no dreaded yellow message on the screen

It was but it’s calmed down a little now, left with dark clouds.

Switched over to the iPlayer anyhow, wasn’t a good day for the Brits yesterday was it?

No…I think we go thru phases of having a few good players…then we go off the boil fo a few years…

Rybakina absolutely dismantled Boulter

Clashed with Zverev Berrettini but what I did catch of it, was pretty embarrassing stuff from Boulter…some of the returns were closer to the line judges than the baseline.

He lost.
So I guess he’s back to being Scottish :roll_eyes:

Not a clue who the bloke is but I like his girlfriend … :innocent:

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1678414354650132480?s=20

Look like a couple of z-lister celebs to me, one who hasn’t a clue why the fuck he’s there and the other who’s overly obsessive with her glamour looks…but I concur, she’d get a few forehand smashes with a racket.

:roll_eyes:

Hes an F1 driver

Thats why I don’t recognize him, the only two I would recognize are Hamilton and Verstappen.

I find the Wimbledon crowd almost as embarrassing as Lords.

Well those on the main courts.

Next week The Open starts at Royal Liverpool, right up your sleeve :sunglasses:

You wouldn’t recognise Alonso??

Chris Eubanks (not the boxer) beat Tsitsipas on Court One and it was rather raucous!

Might be it just seems most of the crowd is sports stars and celebrities in suits.

No doubt they let the proles in occasionally but not near their white suits.