The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Long is an interesting kid. He’s a converted midfielder who was almost out of chances in MLS until then NY RedBull coach Jesse Marsch (now at RB Leipzig) converted him to CB. He ended winning Defender of the Year in his first year at the position. He’d make a lot of sense since he has that passing gene from his days in the midfield. He’s been solid for the USMNT since he got his chance. He’s a tough guy too, not afraid to run through anyone to make the tackle. For what he’d cost, I’d take him for sure.

21 Likes

Thanks @patsfan. Great feedback. And as an aside, I’m a big fan of Jesse Marsch. Love his style and approach.

3 Likes

Liverpool Re-Sign Dejan Lovren For £62 Million On 5 Year Deal

16 Likes

The Return of The Messiah !

1 Like

Likely a loan deal while the MLS is on it’s break.

2 Likes

There we are then.

2 Likes

The Croatian Defender will play no part in the West Ham and Leicester games, as he currently has one of his heads.

3 Likes

HHaha fucking Lovren.

Imagine we got him back and he came in and fucking bossed it.

That would be fucking hilarious

4 Likes

Surely Edwards put a ‘buy-back’ clause in the sale…!

2 Likes

When you say because he was USA captain he must be competent, you almost sound like you believe the USA has a good track record of putting competent people in Leadership positions.

15 Likes

And that above this post is the best and most accurate thing I’ve ever read.

Hahaha brilliant

3 Likes

USA Captain is bollocks… he was named captain once or twice when a weakened team was fielded. He would not, most likely, be a starter in the USA side if everyone was healthy. Brooks, who plays in Germany would be first choice CB and then probably Tim Ream or Matt Miazga.with Long competing for a spot on the bench.

In my completely unexpert opinion I’d say similar to Phillips in ability with more overall experience, but actually less at the highest levels.

2 Likes

So a real good player then?

4 Likes

[quote=“RedOverTheWater, post:2013, topic:51, full:true”]
So a real good player then?
[/qoute]

I’m probably being overly negative, but not sure he’d be clearly better than Phillips or Williams. Certainly no more than a stop gap at our level

1 Like

I’m waiting for Edwards to unveil Konate! Gentleman’s agreement we won’t play him against Leipzig. Still a couple of days left to dream!

7 Likes

No agreement needed, he’ll be injured (as usual).

Currently sporting a nice ankle injury, so a perfect replacement for Joel.

2 Likes

Konate’s release clause this summer is reported £36M. I’m guessing they’ll likely wait til then if he’s the target, altho it would be amazing to bring him in now.

1 Like

2 days left. Not a lot of time. But I swear Jota rumours and announcement happened in less time

2 Likes

I honestly don’t want us signing another player with a questionable history on injuries

1 Like

Lots of Mustafi talk, we are desperate after all.

2 Likes