The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

True enough. Is Sami still playing?

1 Like

Big Ron Yeats alongside him?

2 Likes

Or play Shite and give a penalty or two away…!

2 Likes

Sounds like we are actively trying and it will come down to the right player being allowed to leave this window.

5 Likes
3 Likes

This is very much unlike Liverpool under Klopp but it’s an aberration of a season, so anything’s possible, I guess. I’m wondering, if they already know who their long-term target is (which they most likely do), then that player is probably unavailable before the summer, so it’s likely that if Edwards finds a new centre back, it will be a left-field option, probably on a short-term deal.

2 Likes

Recently read an article that Ismaila Sarr is playing crap this season in Watford’s fight for immediate return to the Premiership.
Reckon it could be another master stroke by Michael Edwards in turning his head and getting him to purposely play this way in order to knock £20mill off his price when we return to sign him.!

2 Likes

I think it will be some thing like that US lad, Phillips looked fine but we are now down to playing Hendo at the back (who did fine) but he and Fabinho aren’t without their own issues, we need at least someone to back that up, it may need to be someone from MLS or The Chinese league or some other league currently off.

We won’t be buying our number one target unless we can agree a payment plan and are allowed to get him in January, but we do need some back up and while Phillips is ok for most of the league games beyond that I don’t feel Williams can adequately fill in and I don’t think we have anything further elsewhere.

Regardless Fabinho and Hendo will be playing in defence for the majority of the rest of the season I feel.

2 Likes

Andy Heaton
@Andrew_Heaton

·

2m

Set

@_pauljoyce

alerts to GO

Andy Heaton is on private, but read into what he said what you want…

1 Like

I know nothing of this American player, Long. I’ve seen his name mentioned a few times these last few weeks.

For regular followers of MLS, has he the quality to do a job here the next 6 months?

1 Like

He’s fond of a wind up. Imagine he’s just doing it as a joke and making sure Joyce gets a lot of tweets at him.

USA Captain, so you would expect he is competent enough. I was using MLS as an example but yeah we need some one like that.

I’d take a defender with experience and who knows how to defend over one who has good passing range and masses of pace, that knowledge on how to defend will buy you the yards you can make up in speed.

2 Likes
1 Like

Slovakia… Skrtel… Fuck sake, careful what you wish for…

2 Likes

Milan Skriniar maybe?

EDIT: NM. After reading the article I figured this was posted in jest! :joy:

2 Likes

What did he say?

As above, set Pauljoyce alerts up… I.e. Joyce might break some news.

Babelcopter time.

4 Likes

Please don’t tell me it’s Mustafi. I get it, at this point we can’t be overly choosy or picky but it’s making me a little nervous seeing all this Shkodran Mustafi chatter.

4 Likes

I think a lot of it is who is available… hence the US guy, hence Subotic and hence Mustafi.

2 Likes