The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Looks like he has had a few from this list.

1 Like

There are 2 real injuries of not there. It’s simply my perspective, and I just don’t consider him injury prone.

EDIT:

1 “injury” is listed as 0 days
1 “injury” is listed at 5 days
1 “injury” is listed at 9 days
1 “injury” is listed at 14 days

5 Likes

If we are paying good money for Konate in the summer, I’m certain as can be we will look deeply into the injury record. Doesn’t look too much of a concern to me, but what do I know!

If the club have decided he’s the one, and we are going through some short term pain right now in the position, but not wavering on our plan, I respect it.

Just finish top four and conjure up enough magic to win the CL again in the meantime!

3 Likes

We will get top 4.

Decent article on him.

" Plays a bit like: Virgil van Dijk

Likening Konate to one of the best centre-backs in recent times may seem like a premature comparison. It’s not. There are few in the position who excel at so many aspects of the game as the young Frenchman.

Whether it be in terms of positioning, sticking tight to the striker, intercepting passes, tackling or building from the back, Konate cannot just do it all, he makes it look easy.

Whether in the air or on the ground, the chances are you’re not going to beat Konate to the ball.

He has the pace to match the quickest of attackers and the physique to bully – rather than be bullied by – muscular strikers much more experienced than he is.

The Leipzig No. 6 wins 66 per cent of all tackles, a well-above-average quota that even rises to 81 per cent in the air. He can dribble out of defence or ping accurate long balls forward – averaging a 95 per cent accuracy rate. Even stalwart Van Dijk would be pleased with those numbers."

5 Likes

Could not decide between Konate or Upamecano.

The best CB in the Bundesliga so far in this season is Edmond Tapsoba.

5 Likes

Huge fan of Tapsoba. Burkina Faso! :burkina_faso:

Leverkusen extended his deal this season. The big clubs will be calling soon.

That was tremendous scouting on their part.

3 Likes

Yup
 Felt the same
 At 21 this guy is definitely worth a punt
Not sure what his release clause is but worth triggering it

3 Likes

Feel the beat, get into the grove

3 Likes

Sounds like we might do something

11 Likes

Sounds like we have to! Even a loan or something if we do have an unbeatable summer target we can’t miss out on. Fabinho will likely miss a couple of weeks in March too due to quarantine after the Brazil matches. Quite possibly whilst Alisson is out at same time for same reason.

1 Like

Lovren and Klavan on six months loan :innocent:

2 Likes

Cheeky bid for Sakho.

2 Likes

Subotic on a free with someone in beside him with pace

4 Likes

Problem is, when you have someone as slow as him, you could put Usain Bolt beside him and you’d still have to drop the line 10 yards further back than we want it.

Washed up freebies aren’t the answer.

2 Likes

Listening to people any central defender will do you can’t be bringing facts into it.

3 Likes

“I am not picky.”

:joy:

Literally one of the best descriptions of Klopp ever.

8 Likes

You heard Klopp if you find a free CH call him

5 Likes

Look. While I think we need a CB. I’m also realistic about not ending up with just someone to fill the shirt. We need a genuine contender for the position. This could well happen again first game back next year. I’m for getting what you want rather than what you need.

1 Like

Willing to drive Lovren back from the airport.

11 Likes

What to be unavailable again? One of Degsy’s biggest problems was that as a fourth choice centre back, come the hour of need, he’d have a cold or mystery virus.

2 Likes