The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I regret posting it - it was only a joke. There is nearly always a pinned post. When the post that is pinned gets unpinned the excitement/anticipation is that another important/newsworthy post is going to replace it…

It’s just an excuse to get excited that maybe, just maybe, we’re about to make an announcement and maybe, just maybe, that’s going to be about a new signing. Maybe. It’s daft but just a bit of fun.

9 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Rumour mill that dry we are now posting other teams transfer news :joy:

6 Likes

:blush:

I thought it’s for all transfer rumors :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Here’s a Liverpool related, according to Sky Sports Germany Shaqs turned down a loan move to Hertha.

Given the situation Hertha finds themselves in he doesn’t have the appetite for a relegation scrap. But he would literally play every single minute if he did move.

2 Likes

I hope he wasn’t being allowed to leave, only reason I can think we would do that is the restriction on overseas players.

3 Likes

Shaq probably saw the performances of Origi and Minamino and believed he can grab some of those minutes if he gets himself fit and available. We’ll see what happens next summer.

9 Likes

Nah that’s what I mean, I dunno why the club would actively look at off loading him unless of course it was sometime before Xmas when he wasn’t getting minutes, he seems to be Klopp’s first option at the moment.

Only reason I would think is Jota is closer than suggested or we are looking to off load to spend the wages on someone else a loan or freebie

5 Likes

West Ham reported to be converting Benrahma’s loan move to a £20M permanent deal before the close of this window to open up a domestic loan spot. (Sky Sports)

1 Like

two links today, not thinking they are too reliable but sure make for some chin-wagging

the second one is complete bullshit, although I wish it to be true

5 Likes

Rory Smith is a decent and well connected journalist though.

6 Likes

So one player in and one player out; good window. :clap:

Huh? Have I missed something? Who’s leaving?

4 Likes

I can’t definitely say if Lovren and Sakho count as big money signings from this point of view and their relative price tags - considering the times they were signed in, they probably do, meaning that FSG have effectively sanctioned three such signings in CB position since their arrival in 2010.

Make no mistake, their next CB signing is likely to be the most important signing of their tenure alongside Mane, Van Dijk and Alisson. Not signing a CB will cost the team this season (I’d wager a guess that even signing him now wouldn’t make much difference to the end result) but signing the wrong one in the summer could have major ramifications that extend far beyond the next season.

I can’t say whether Konate is the one to lead Liverpool’s defence successfully as I haven’t seen enough of him (or Upamecano, for that matter). Both look physically dominant but I wasn’t impressed by their overall performances in Champions League this season, mainly in terms of positioning and one-on-one defending - then again, it’s probably not right to judge players on the basis of this season’s performances.

4 Likes

Konate statistically is the far better fit for us than Upamecano.

If this is true its a fantastic signing, and worth waiting for.

7 Likes

Is Subotic a free agent? I know hes probably about 31 or 32 now but would he not be a decent free deal for 6 to 12 months as he has worked with Klopp beforehand and would no how he likes to play. Would need speed beside him no doubt but wouldnt mind that signing if it was on the cards.

Would Klopp sanction it is the other side to the coin

2 Likes
2 Likes

He might want to play Champions League football though…

Not sure buying another injury prone defender is the smartest move.

I’ve been on the Konate train from the go. I’m fine waiting until summer if that’s our target.

I also don’t agree wit the injury prone tag on Konate. He had one significant injury that kept him out. Virgil also had one significant injury before coming here when Vardy the rat stomped his ankle.

Jota missed 5 games in all his time at Wolves. He’s missed 11 since he’s been here.

5 Likes