The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I see Ben Davies is left footed. Maybe that was also a certain criteria for us. I think we were linked/mentioned with a few LCB’s. Though I believe a lot of these names must be crap links or maybe the club leaking fake informations.

5 Likes

He’s 6ft, where is the stats he isn’t good in the air just seems to be laziness because he is 6ft.

3 Likes

Klopp just asked, says isn’t he at Spurs with a smile. Said he will say nothing. Praised Phillips.

6 Likes

I’d be very surprised if he did. More like a sweetner for Preston. Reading on here, VDB has been doing well lately but would be very surprised if he has improved enough to be a regular for Preston. To make a few appearances Liverpool would be happy for his first loan I’d say.

5 Likes

Apparently Celtic were about to sign him.

2 Likes

It’s not like going to the corner shop for a pint of milk. Not only do you have to find someone you think worth bringing in, you have to persuade them and their club to do the deal.

3 Likes

He’ll be our new VVD.

We’ve just cut out the middle man.

6 Likes

:rofl:

and have helped Gerrard in the process

4 Likes

Well Celtic can go and fuck themselves :grinning::+1:

2 Likes
6 Likes

My dad is a PNE fan and planted a square of Deepdale turf in our garden back in the 80s (they sold it off when they changed to astro). I will consider that a mightily auspicious omen if this signing goes ahead.

5 Likes

I played at Deepdale on that Astro once. I thought it was one of the best. Bit bouncy but they all were…

3 Likes

That’s a good write up

3 Likes

It is a very good write up for a £2m player. I am cautiously optimistic of us unearthing, if not a diamond, perhaps a saphire / opal / some other semi-precious gem in the rough.

2 Likes

Agreed. From what I understood he agreed the deal already. To join on a free in Summer.

3 Likes

No shit. Are you saying there are no CBs in the entire world who meet this criteria and would want to come to the PL champions and recent CL winners? From Gomez got injured they should have been working on this

2 Likes

Do you understand how transfers work it seems you don’t. A player may want to come but its not his choice because he has an little inconvenience called a contract stopping this.

3 Likes

Tbf, I think we’ve already set aside the cash for our main target in the summer but getting him early wasn’t viable. A few million on a stop gap was probably what we were left with in those circumstances. I imagine we put as much time and effort into bringing any summer deal forward before accepting defeat and going for Davies (so it seems). We’re limited in terms of squad space which might explain why we didn’t try and do both and why Davies is happening right at the end of the window.

9 Likes

Lots of chatter it could be two signings tomorrow and the 2nd will be Ćaleta-Car and it’s down to price.

4 Likes

Huh? I thought OM weren’t letting him go as they won’t be able to sort out a replacement in time.

2 Likes