The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Well a lot saying that’s just a ploy to get us to pay more. We shall see, he is supposed to be very good.

Decent write up on him.

4 Likes

Nah they said no as didn’t have time to find a replacement.

2 Likes

Marseille fans had a strong protest the other day. They had a few games in hand with a chance to go top at one point. Now, who knows what they manage to qualify for at the end of the season.

2 Likes

Surely Caleta-Car would have cost around 20m at least?

3 Likes

Just no kidney or gall stones pls.

3 Likes

He cost Marseille £17.1m, their joint third record signing ever.

1 Like

Well I’d assume it would be around that price tag, just can’t see us signing someone at that price.

1 Like

In the Guardain:

Davies had been in talks with Celtic over a pre‑contract agreement to join in the summer and was a target for Burnley.

Marseille’s defender Duje Caleta-Car is also reported to be a deadline-day target for Liverpool but any deal would hinge on the French club signing a replacement.

I imagine all the French clubs are terribly broke, and we’d not pay much more than they paid for him to get it done, but that’s me just guessing.

4 Likes

I read somewhere that OM won’t let him go as it is too short notice to get a replacement? But if Edwards manages to get it over the line then big sigh of relief from Klopp to get two other options on the bench will be welcome

1 Like

Yeah I wonder if we are going make two signings at CB tomorrow.

3 Likes

Send Sepp to Preston and Billy to Marseille, that’s a fantastic replacement for them.

Edwards and Klopp playing the long game with Koumetio with all that hype in the summer. Let’s just hope Marseille don’t pay 7 quid a month for LFCTV GO.

11 Likes

Maybe we are (BBC rumours) …
Liverpool have made an approach for Marseille and Croatia centre-back Duje Caleta Car, 24. (Mail)

6 Likes

Rumours saying it’s not happening others saying it might still happen and depends on Marseille anyhow I have a feeling we may yet see an addition.

2 Likes

Just a musing on my part but I wonder what would happen if, after Marseille say no because they can’t find a replacement, we were to offer that €20+m to Lille to see what they say over Botman?

2 Likes

Apparently the guy packed his bag to take a private jet to Liverpool but Marseille put the mockers on it someone cynically said in order for us to up the price but Edwards is going to call their bluff I suspect and say Fo

4 Likes

Shout to @AnfieldRdDreamer for being the first weeks back bringing Caleta-Car’s name to the possible incoming center half conversation.

And for the record, altho it’s dimming a bit, I’m hoping it still can happen tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued by this one. Might have the lot.

2 Likes

I get some credit here too.

If I had heard about him I would have put his name forward.

9 Likes

I had talked about Ben Davis long ago in the old forum. Ah…too bad…the database is gone now…

:expressionless:

6 Likes

:joy: Thanks for the acknowledgement but wasn’t anything other than following people like Sam Maguire on Twitter, think it was his article shared higher up that put me onto the suggestion.

4 Likes