The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Sounds like the sort of thing Rodgers probably thought before signing Balotelli

Yes.

Djimi Traore 1
Manchester City 0

5 Likes

Of course it doesnt make it true - Iā€™ve never said it was what was happening, it was a suggestion someone else made as something possibly happening and may explain part of the current events we are seeing unfold

James Milner could beat the dickhead out of the Gallagher brothers.

Iā€™m not worried.

1 Like

I hate to mention the biter

He was our dickhead :heart:

I want Edwardsā€™ incognito window history to be leaked until midnight.

:joy: :underage:

2 Likes

Sepp over at Preston for his medical for his loan move. Hopefully he picks up some regular playing time.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Have we signed anyone yet???

Just want to say I am loving the excitement of deadline day for once! Usually a damp squib and we are already well sorted, but this year itā€™s a mad trolley dash before the shops close. Love it!

5 Likes

Oh, and too much hand wringing about why we didnā€™t do this or that sooner. Two words: circumstances change! Our circumstances. The circumstances of the selling club. Etc.

So we do what we do, when we do it, and Iā€™m fine with that.

Ben Daviesā€¦ bring it on. Good lad. Canny business. Nobody suggesting a high end rolls royce, but a shrewd acquisition who might even be here for a few years as fourth choice when it all shakes out. At the least, in the meantime, an extra body, some decent attributes to tide us over, and very good value. If it helps us get a midfielder in the actual midfield, while not skipping a beat at the back, bring it on!

As for the other potential signing, Kabak looks most likely now, but maybe Car, or maybe a last second twist to Botman or someone? Any and all of them of that sort of level where they could rise up to be the regular partner to Van Dijk and do a good job for us for years to come. Bring it on!

2 Likes

Umm, thatā€™s more than two words mate :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Donā€™t forget about Joey G!

1 Like

Exactly, smashing player. But if we sign someone like Car/Botman/Kabak they have to be thinking that they back themselves to play regularly and become the main partner for VVD. Obviously if Gomez responds and shows his best stuff to keep them out the side, win-win.

2 Likes

I said it earlier in the thread I expected we would leave it quite late due to the market and also the Covid-19 situation, I canā€™t see the PL now curtailing plus concerns over our position and Matip will add to this.

1 Like

Also seems to be a fair few clauses around international appearances and games played.

I donā€™t think he is a short term option, I think he is a letā€™s see option. Any purchase at that level is a risk but if he impresses and comes good then weā€™ve got a bargain even if he is our long term fourth choice.

5 Likes

Are we gonna sign 3 CBs today?!!

Davies is done. Kabak seems done, once we get his ā€˜optionā€™ loan completed, we spring Car deal (according to twitter thread we are still pushing to get it done).

Iā€™m like a pig rolling in shā€¦Itā€™s fun to be involved on deadline day, even if the merchandise is usually overpriced and shoddy lol.

4 Likes

Totally agree about Tsar I would rather wait for him rather than get Kabak who is not good enough it is Marseille who are playing dicks by wanting more for him than they paid for him the player definitely wants to come had packed his bags already such a shame if we cant get it over the line!

2 Likes