The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Yeah it’s the getting Mane/Jota and Salah closer to the box which is why I’d consider it a way forward.

Unfortunately I don’t think it suits Firmino. The deeper back he plays the less effective he becomes. He could be held in reserve as something to change things up a little bit or even still go 433 in some games (particularly Europe) but the truth is his form doesn’t warrant him being a guaranteed starter.

4 Likes

Agree on Bobby, for me he is coming too deep and also plays his best in around the edge of the oppositions penalty area.

1 Like

Multiple unreliable media linking us to Denis Zakaria. Looks a great replacement for Gini if Gini goes and contract up in 2022 so price should not be a big upside but we have to be very sure that he is over the serious injury he sustained early last year and only returned late last year or else we will end up with the same issues plaguing us with several of our midfielders like Ox and Keita.

4 Likes

SportBild is the source of Zakaria rumours, though I’m fairly certain he was linked with Liverpool at some point last year. Now Kicker are saying that Liverpool are interested in Neuhaus, his teammate.

4 Likes

Neuhaus has a contract until 2024 and it includes a €40m release clause, which could make him an attractive target in the summer.

Unless we can acquire him for considerably less than his release clause, he isn’t coming here.

3 Likes

Straight swap with Keita - you know they’ll fix him and sell him to Dortmund in a few years, where he’ll go back to being perennially injured!

1 Like

Neuhaus surprises me a little bit, isn’t he more of a #6 option? I was expecting maybe Bayern to have a look at him.

1 Like

Don’t think so. Haven’t watched much BM but when I’ve seen highlights he’s been heavily involved in their attacking play.

So when they play with Neuhaus and Zakaria in a double six, who does what?

Another one from Germany??? I know they gave us Klopp too, but surely our gratitude isn’t meant to be stretched like this.

A cunning plan - get on the phone to Micky Edwards immediately! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Now, this is an interesting one - if Sarr’s agent is telling the truth.

4 Likes

Hmm taking with a pinch of salt. Agents like to say things that benefit their clients without any regard to reality at times. I’d be surprised as he’s not really doing that great. Elliott, Wilson and even Ojo seem to be doing as well or better.

4 Likes

Has a ring of truth to it. Watford will want to keep Sarr happy, so probably let his agent talk to teams (maybe not the Mane apartment bit, but meh). But then, we don’t have 40 mil to fork over to Watford so…

It sounds like a conversation that happened in the Summer, that he has repeated.

2 Likes

Did it go
Agent “Do you Want Sarr”
LFC “Yes”
Agent: “Cool he will sign an contract and everything will be sorted, don’t worry about cost about 3.5m it says here.”
LFC: Oh great that sounds amazing
Agent:”right all done just a small thing, there was a mark between the 3 and the 5 it’s actually 35m… hello… hello”

Frankly it sounds rubbish.

2 Likes

Might be true and we might go (back) for him. Great replacement for Origi and/or Taki but am hoping more for us to bring in a CF.

From that list I would go with Gini signing a contract extension.

If we didn’t already have Allison, Donnaruma would be a great option, but am happy with Allison in goal so that would end up being a bonus signing. Maybe Alaba, but I haven’t seen enough of him to really know where in the squad he would fit as a starter which he would probably expect to be.

All the others are either great players that are past their prime, so will be looking for a final payday contract and end up at City/Chelsea or are no better than what we already have so really don’t offer any genuine value.

Or they are Sergio Ramos and a complete cunt who I wouldn’t want cleaning the shitter at the club :rofl:

4 Likes

Upamecano off to Bayern.

Dayot Upamecano has chosen his next club. It will be Bayern Munich unless the situation turns around. An agreement has been reached. Bayern to pay Leipzig player’s clause #Mercato#RMCLive

1 Like

Bayern Munich taking the best players from their main title rivals?! :scream:

All eyes on Konate then (though I think we’ll see more links with the likes of that Carmo fella and Ćaleta-Car in Liverpool’s case).

5 Likes