The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

It’s remarkable how much improved he’s been this season.

Leicester will probably be in the Champions League next season, it’s increasingly likely that we won’t be. So, Harvey Barnes is not going to sign for us, nor will most top players, without Champions League football.

2 Likes

Liverpool have made Torino’s Brazilian centre-back Bremer their number one target. The 23-year-old is valued at less than £10m. (Mirror)

Liverpool , Manchester City , Juventus and Bayern Munich are monitoring Borussia Monchengladbach’s Germany midfielder Florian Neuhaus, 23. (90 min)

2 Likes

We could have easily grabbed him and even Maddison in 2019 by leveraging our position as CL winner.

We did not.

We can also buy Declan Rice - a good replacement for an aging Milner - as well, and be prepared to pay premium.

Don’t forget that we bought Henderson 10 years ago at a premium, and Declan Rice right now is a much more established player than Henderson in 2011. If we could throw £35m to buy Andy Carroll, then we can buy Decland Rice or Harvey Barnes at supposedly overrated prices.

If we manage to finish in top 4, let us go full FM this summer: Barnes or Maddison, Rice, and Haaland (or Sancho, but preferably Haaland). Go big or go home.

I expect us to recover a considerable amount from selling Firmino, Origi, Wilson, Ox, Keita, Grujic.

Signed Antonio from Shaktar in Football Manager as Ginis replacement. Good at football. Michael and Jürgen yous know what to do.

Seriously though, would like to see Rice and Barnes join. Both English and both very good. Need a striker aswell, Haaland please. Seeing Ole flirt with the idea of watching him and signing him in the news. If they sign him and we don’t I’ll cry for a week

1 Like

Buy Harry Kane - referees may stop screwing us. :crazy_face:

@Thomas1195 I’m curious to know what you think of Harvey Barnes? Do you think he would be a good addition to the squad?

3 Likes

While your at it buy Grealish too, with him it is called “winning a free kick” with Mo Salah it is diving.

2 Likes
1 Like

Good pace, skills and dribbling generally, decent finishing, and young. Can be developed to succeed Mane.

Unfortunately, he will be quite pricey by now. Could have bought him in 2019 summer or even 2020 summer at cheaper prices.

I hope we are looking at Neto, brilliant footballer and wouldn’t be as pricy.

2 Likes

I expect you to be bitterly disappointed then.

11 Likes

I remember Barnes being linked in 2019 and the place going into meltdown. It’s all good rewriting history now.

Those ‘fans’ coming out of their holes when we are not winning and thinking transfers are the solution for everything. :man_facepalming:t4:

6 Likes

I’m all for moving on players and upgrading the squad. Just out of curiosity how much do you think we can get for Origi?

Not much, but I expect more from Grujic, Keita and Firmino.

1 Like

Pretty sure he has just extended his contract with Wolves. Really good prospect, I’d say, though I think he’d be best coming in from the right flank and Klopp seemingly wants to make the most out of Elliott. I have a feeling he’ll end up at Old Trafford, their side is screaming for such player - unless they reignite their interest in Sancho.

Approximately half of one of these:

A full one if Edwards plays a blinder.

10 Likes

Ah didnt know about the contract situation, the goal he scored today was top drawer stuff.

1 Like