The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

He must be playing football manager again completely nuts selling Bobby

1 Like

Apparently, Sancho may be available for ā€œonlyā€ Ā£50 - Ā£70 million, as Dortmund is facing serious financial troubles.

I wouldnā€™t worry about that, all the contingency payments have already been triggered.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really interested to see which club (can afford such considerable amount) and whatā€™s the payment schedule.

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably bollox talk anyway but only the Oil clubs will be in a position to spend that level of cash Iā€™d imagine.

3 Likes

Unimpeded consumerism. A footballer with an asking wage of 400k/week is not really high on the radar in todays world where ā€˜hustlerā€™ and ā€˜hackerā€™ are part of legitimate job titles.

1 Like

David Ornstein on The athletic says we are interested in Konsa (a cb) from Villa (along with Tottenham).

Konsa is ā€˜one of the options we are consideringā€™.

Contract to 2023, villa will look to extend. Bought in 2019 for 12 mil from Brentford, 23 yrs old.

2 Likes

Hmm, didnā€™t expect that one, to be honest, though I have to admit that Villaā€™s centre backs fall under Kloppā€™s CB profile in terms of physical traits - tall, lean, strong in duels, good in the air, very quick and mobile. Iā€™m not sure about the ā€œtechnicalā€ aspects such as passing but I can see why theyā€™d be interested in Konsa specifically.

3 Likes

Konsaā€™s pretty short for a CB isnā€™t he? 6ft ish.

I remember us being interested in him around the same time/just after we pinched Gomez from Charlton.

1 Like

For the cb interview, we should throw a ball in between the defender and Alisson and watch what happens. Whoever passes the interview is the one we sign!

1 Like

I could have sworn that heā€™s at least 6ft 2in, he and Mings have a pretty good leap! Iā€™m very impressed by their team, though, their players look like they were handpicked for each specific position and thatā€™s it, clear role, stick to it and play. He probably is the type of CB who can help you defend against players like Vardy, Connolly or any other speedster who makes life difficult for our makeshift backline. Weā€™ll see what comes of this, I believe that every respectable CB younger than 25 years will be linked with Liverpool before the summer.

3 Likes

And every unrespectable and over 25 year old too.

5 Likes

Yup the only ones Iā€™m taking seriously are those we heard strong rumours about during the last days of the window so Carr and probably Botman, regardless of this 45m deal (people are living in fairy land with football deals that was obvious when the pundits said wasnā€™t Covid but the fact people were happy with their squads to why the window was quiet).

1 Like

Konsaā€™s highly rated at Villa, I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised to see him get an England call-up next month.

2 Likes

And likely some not respectable ones also

1 Like

I know we need a CB as soon asā€¦but what about looking for a ā€˜Andy Robboā€™ type deal for the future.

2 Likes

Like Davies?

7 Likes

I hope heā€™s long termā€¦but mmmmmm not sure, we need to be scouting now.

1 Like

Heā€™s 25, so hopefully not all that long term lol

2 Likes

Well at least 2/3 yearsā€¦

1 Like