The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Hand on my heart

I wouldn’t be ‘gutted’ if we didn’t get that decision.

It was never a foul and I’m trying to figure out how it can be seen that way.

Same as the old Harry Kane back into the player move, how refs manage to fall for it is beyond me…

Barnes basically not even attempting to play football in reality, ( I know that’s not a rule) but he knows he’s not getting through that gap, he’s touched it there for one reason and one reason only, which is not illegal, but neither is Thiago and TAA not moving out of the way.

5 Likes

True. Let’s try to stay on topic and to use the appropriate threads, eh lads?

5 Likes

that’s exactly what I said.

They move into his path (intentionally or otherwise) and block him or back off. If they challenge they probably bring him down. IMO he didn’t need to dive but he made the right move by trying to go between them.

Mbappe is only interested in joining Real Madrid or Liverpool , should he leave PSG this summer. (L’Equipe, via Mail)

4 Likes

You mean there’s still a chance???

We better win the the CL, or at least hope that Real screw up worse than we do.

5 Likes

That’s your typical Daily Mail drivel. A quick glance at L’Equipe’s website was enough to see that there is no trace of such news.

2 Likes

Yeah; the article states that the only two teams he’d leave PSG to join are Liverpool and Marseille, his boyhood team. :wink:

3 Likes

Haaland it is then!

Sting in the tail is Mo goes to PSG when Mbappe goes to Real Madrid. We buy Haaland and our strike force becomes: Mane, Haaland, Jota, Firmino, Sarr.

Firmino becomes less of a main man as time elapses, but still a very valuable player to have on board, and he doesn’t actually decline all that much as his game is about his brain and skill, not his physicality. Harvey Elliot is the Firmino replacement, as that kid has vision to spare.

Sarr joins the party too. He is ready for another level, and we will want to see how high he can go, and whether or not he might even be the long term successor to Mane.

Our Mo sadness is assuaged when Haaland continues his ridiculous goal a game ratio in a red shirt, and his physicality through the middle is a sight to behold.

3 Likes

Think Messi will replace Mbappe at Paris

4 Likes

My plan lasted for a good minute though!

3 Likes

Sarr has seven goals and nine assists (and oh, four yellow cards) in 27 games (2389 mins).
Elliott has four goals and 10 assists (just one yellow) in 26 games (1894 mins).

7 Likes

Sarr has gone off the boil, but he will rise up if we buy him.

Elliott is ace and hopefully will have a big future here. I’m not sure he has the pace for the wing at the top level in the Prem, which is why I’m pegging him for some sort of Firmino type future, as he has bags of skill, confidence and vision.

It will be fascinating to see how he develops, but he is making the most of his loan, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Sarr and Elliot are wildly different players. Sarr would probably be in the top 3 for pace in the prem (and strong too) whereas Elliot has a reasonable turn of pace (more ‘agile’ than quick) but nowhere near the same level.

Sarr appears to be doing better now that Watford have reverted to a 433 and he’s playing on the wing again instead of as a centre forward. I suggested last summer that a genuine, ‘orthodox’ style wide player might be of use for us, and Sarr kind of fits that mould. Certainly would have been nice to see that type of player in our recent run of poor form when the front 3 were all too narrow and the full backs weren’t offering the quality from out wide.

It’s a question of price though - Watford’s asking price last summer was far too high for a player who’s still a bit raw. The potential qualities are there, but not for 40 million plus.

9 Likes

Yeah Sarr looks about a 20 million pound player in my eyes. Could be good, could be shite. Hasn’t been great for Watford anyways.

Would love to see Lautaro Martinez for us up top. Good footballer and finisher in my opinion.

Wilifried Ndidi would be good for our midfield if Gini goes. Don’t think he’s like Gini but gives Thiago the chance to stay in the Gini role rather than any deeper.

Nikola Milenkovic would be good at the back for us. Tall and quick and experienced while only being 23.

I’ve always liked David Brooks from Bournemouth aswell could be good as he’s young.

2 Likes

Sarr plays or prefers playing off the right, or? I know he also played a little bit up top for Watford this season when they went 3 at the back.

Because long term I think Jota is best playing inside left.

1 Like

I thought he was best when he played on the right, I honestly can’t remember him playing on the left. My issue with him was that, in my opinion, he didn’t know how to time his runs and come inside, play more centrally. Thankfully, he learned that trade when they hosted us! I wouldn’t mind having a direct option on the right, it seems like Mane is the only one who wants to have a go at his fullback these days.

Whether that’s Sarr or someone else, I don’t really care, as long as he’s the right player. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Salah centrally, it’s not like he’s not used to having three players around him all the time, maybe he’d find more space if his starting position was closer to the middle. I guess it depends on Jota (I fully agree on him playing off the left side) and midfield selection, I hoped I would see him, Salah and Mane as the front three and a midfield of, say, Alcantara behind Henderson and Jones. It seems I’ll get to see that only on PES or FIFA.

Yeah, just checked on transfermarkt (not always 100% accurate, but good enough) and he almost never played on the left. Vast majority of the time on the right and a little bit up top.

I think now with Jota in, Origi goes for sure, we decide who stays between Minamino/Shaqiri and get a new forward in. Depending who of the two goes, we get either a right sided forward or more of a striker.

But… who knows what happens if we don’t make top 4. That could complicate our summer even more.

We need a CF. Not Sarr.

5 Likes

No CF unfortunately.

1 Like

£56m???

Absolutely no chance. Agent shit stirring.

4 Likes