The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

One of the worst crap rumours this season.

This is not even unreliable.

5 Likes

I think itā€™s a typo, itā€™s probably Ā£5.6m,bargain.

6 Likes

Even worse another rumor said that we were flogging Taki as a makeweight so your 5.6M is closer to the mark?

5 Likes

Mbappe scores Goals.

In our past 5 losses
Liverpool scored
0 goals against Burnley
0 goals against Brighton
1 goal against Man City
1 goal against Leicester
0 goals against Everton.

Get the picture? We need help on both sides of the pitch.

Err firstly it was a joke, secondary he isnā€™t coming anyhow.

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather keep Mo and Sell Firmino if Haaland is coming in. Striker for Striker. Sarr is nowhere close to Moā€™s class. I donā€™t see why everyone is trying to get rid.

Mane, Haaland, Salah, Jota would be an incredibly talented front 4.

2 Likes

Haaland isnā€™t coming in either, frankly anyone who thinks we will spend lots of money on an attacker will sadly be very angry come the summer.

Also sell him where and to who? We wonā€™t be getting a lot for these players if we do sell them, I reckon we have to think outside of the box this summer.

4 Likes

There is always webuyanyplayer.com.

However weā€™re going to be disappointed once a bored twenty year old has walked around him and knocked 75% off the price because he found a scratch on his knee.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s the voice of experience :wink: Better than selling a car on ebay though and that IS the voice of experience.

But take solace in this. We bought Joe Cole. He had to use a body double just to open the door into the medical.

3 Likes

I bet youā€™re real fun at parties. :smirk:

To those who staunchly believe that Liverpool never buys: LFC paid top market value when they bought Van Dijk for 80m and when they bought Alisson for 65m.

Itā€™s clear from how the season has gone that not only was the lack of defencive depth a shambles, but the lack of goal scoring punch also lead to 5 losses out of our last 8 matches. We scored 0 goals against Burnley, Brighton, and Everton FFS! They arenā€™t exactly juggernauts.

Haaland should be cheaper than Mbappe because he has a release clause in the summer. And heā€™d be a far better option than Firmino, whom I believe we need to sell on as his decline is already starting. If we ship off Bobby for 50m and purchase Haaland for 70m, thatā€™s a net spend of 20m. Certainly a doable feat, rather than a herculean impossibility considering that we purchased Jota for 45m albeit using a clever installment payment plan to minimize economic impact.

2 Likes

I love the thought, but who is paying 50 for Bobby?

In the current market, the only players that would go for 50 (or more) are probably Mane, Salah, and VVD. After that, you start trying to add up sums for Grujic, Wilson, and the like. Which is also very hard to do in the current climate, as nobody has any real money to spend, and will look for loan or move on to other targets.

We were very well set up to sell some of the fringe players and get great return to reinvest in squad, but covid has taken a sledge hammer to that approach.

For the record, if we can afford it, Iā€™m all for Haaland lol.

2 Likes

Surely Matip, Origi, Taki, Shaq, Grujic, Wilson, that Nigerian striker we have loaned out. Could gather 50 million together??

Then 70 on Haaland with maybe some add ons based on goals

Edit: Then again we still havenā€™t even paid for Jota and Thiago yet. Only first instalments

2 Likes

Haalands release clause is ā‚¬75m in 2022.

Dortmund will surely ask for more than ā‚¬100m this summer.

4 Likes

Haaland is definitely for Bayern I reckon. Think heā€™s in line to replace Robert. Thought I heard their contracts expire the same time

1 Like

Forget it. It wonā€™t happen.

3 Likes

I think the club want to be in the running for Mbappe but thats not even a starter if we dont qualify for CL which is looking like we wont.

2 Likes

What are the odds that Bayern will get him for FREE???

1 Like

Donā€™t forget that Ole is regularly whispering sweet nothings in his earā€¦

3 Likes

Matip will be 30 next summer, is out injured, will have played 25 games in the last 2 seasons and on a new contract until heā€™s 34. Pluses are that heā€™s a pretty good CB who doesnā€™t play international football and a nice quiet character.

I donā€™t see how ā€œsurelyā€ we find a buyer for Matip this summer. And I actually donā€™t want us to sell him before we get a proper signing in. And Iā€™m not sure if Kabak will fit the criteria in terms of (immediate) quality.

4 Likes

I think Matip will remain as backup. Adrian, Ox, Shaqiri, Keita, Origi have to make way now. Gini already made his decision to move on. As for the youngsters and those on loan, who knowsā€¦