The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I’m obviously not having a good day😂

1 Like

He’s a decent right back, and good enough to be back up. But he’s not Trent, the best Right Back in the world - that’s the level we compare him to, and absolutely not his fault.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone here is comparing him to Trent though to be fair.

4 Likes

He will be though, when he thinks about his long term future.

1 Like

If we get a decent offer for Neco from Southampton, I would sell.

We either fill the back up role from another up and coming lad, or bring someone in, who ideally won’t cost more than we sell Neco for.

Neco is a young lad who will be on the bench behind Trent for the duration. He has his own career to carve out. At some point being a back up is not enough, and he is nearing that point. We have form for not wanting to stand in anyone’s way, so even if him staying might be convenient for us, if he has the opportunity for more playing time in the Prem I could see Klopp - a fair and kind person especially when it comes to player welfare - letting him go with our blessing.

1 Like

VDB is playing that position very well apparently for Preston at the moment.

1 Like

Interesting!

Not directly, but I think we’re guilty of looking at what Trent does from right back, thinking that’s somehow normal, and then thinking Williams isn’t good enough on that basis.

Trent is legitimately the the best right back in the world. There is literally no-one better than him.

1 Like

Makes it all the more baffling why Gareth Southgate might prefer Walker, Reece James and Trippier, putting Trent as the fourth best English man?

Ridiculous!

I am insulted on Trent’s behalf. And at the same time, I don’t mind when our lads are overlooked on the international stage, as I just want them wrapped up in cotton wool, rested and ready to go for Liverpool.

However… if Trent has ambition to play for England, and I’m sure he does, then good look to him!

2 Likes

But not in England, obviously…

Wouldn’t the best right back in the world be able to defend though?

1 Like

Yes. That’s why he’s the best in the world.

Sorry, who are we discussing?

Remember when lads here were talking about us signing Mbappe?

1 Like

Whisper it quietly - his early performances were not anywhere near as good as made out by many on here.

4 Likes

I say sell Firmino and Mane. That’s at least 150M. That alone pays for Mbappe. Now your front line is Jota, Mbappe, Salah. You now still have world class wingers and you also become incredibly Lethal up top!!

Next you sell Keita and use the funds to get another impact Midfielder or use the funds to pay for a strong CB to partner with Van Dijk.

1 Like

Nothing good seems to come out of international futball… either they come back with COVID and miss a few weeks or they come back injured and miss a few months. :fearful:

1 Like

And don’t forget the legend that is Sean Dundee

2 Likes

You also have Origi as backup still and a massive wage issue.

2 Likes

Oh, so we’re not buying him now, after him having various medicals and everything.
Liverpool have told RB Leipzig they will not pursue a deal for the club’s 21-year-old French centre-back Ibrahima Konate. (Bild, via Express)

2 Likes