The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Talk that Sergio Aguero wants to stay in the Premier League motivated to climb up the scoring lists a little higher before he leaves/retires. As a Liverpool fan it’s only a matter of time before we join Spurs and Chelsea to get linked to him. Who else would take him as depth? I definitely would. Him and Jota filling the CF role between them whilst Jota also sometimes plays RF and LF. Elliott coming back as a back up option on the wings.

1 Like

Bild and Express are tabloids and aren’t the best sources when it comes to information. That’s not saying that we will sign him. It’s just that you shouldn’t pay much/any attention to what they say.

4 Likes

It’s OK, I’m not paying attention to it.

I see that my ironic tone fell a bit flat. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Some of the most unreliable of unreliable links to Ryan Gravenberch too today, not even worth a link, no detail. But is an interesting player and one I’ve listed as an option a few times in who would you buy.

:rofl:

Yeah, I’m a bit thick when it comes to pun/banter.

:blush:

2 Likes

Have you woke up yet?

Well that one came and went in a flash. I would have preferred Kabak + 1, but I’m fine if it’s just Kabak. Extra body, save some money for other players I suppose.

That said, I do “call bullshit” (popular American phrase I’m learning) on these transfer reports that start out “Klopp prefers (player x)”. With as close the The Boss keeps his informations how in the hell would anyone know what Klopp “prefers” when making transfer proclamations?!

5 Likes

and you will have that, as soon as Edwards gets the reports from @Flobs and @Zoran. Patience.

6 Likes

Why me I hanen’t a clue about non LFC players except Mbappe and Camavinga.
Kabak is starting to look quite decent however I still have doubts as he’s young so comes into the potential bracket. LFc have gone through a lot of potential CBs over the years.

4 Likes

Atletico Madrid forward Luis Suarez has been linked with a move back to Liverpool, seven years after the Uruguay striker left the Merseyside club. David Beckham’s Inter Miami in the US have also been named as a potential destination for the 34-year-old. [(Todofichajes)]

Liverpool have made their interest in Barcelona Pedri known, prompting the Catalan club to offer the 18-year-old Spain midfielder a new deal with a release clause of around £350m. (Sunday Mirror)

2 Likes

According to ‘‘TF1 Téléfoot’’ PSG’s top target /if Mbappe leaves/ is Salah.

Téléfoot: Salah priorité du PSG en cas de départ de Mbappé, Messi et Kane suivis.

Well, that is a very good option for the club to look for a deal for Mbappe. And if not possible /knowing how FSG work/ it is a chance to sell a player and let Klopp have all the resources from a possible sale to refresh the squad and high quality players.

2 Likes

He would be another depth player who would actually be out injured when needed to provide that necessary depth. I’ll pass, we have plenty of this already.

1 Like

Saw Pedri a few times now, no wonder they are trying to stick a £350 million release clause on him, he would be an amazing signing in my view.

2 Likes

Such a lazy rumour. Why would Barca sell one of their most promising players, why would he even want to leave. Sunday crap for people who are bored I guess.

6 Likes

Yeah It’s utter bullshit can but dream mind, probably came from the Spanish press

2 Likes

Camavinga for me he is just as good but a lot cheaper

Some good news, after a bad day:

Liverpool could sign Rennes and France midfielder Eduardo Camavinga, 18, this summer to replace Netherlands international Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, who looks set to leave when his contract expires. (Express)

Pity that the source is the Express.

12 Likes

Could seems to be doing a lot of work there.

I look forward to this summer in which we COULD sign Camavinga, Bellingham and Mbappe.

12 Likes

I think just from financial point, recruiting from the French League will be very attractive this summer.

The new TV deal is giving the French clubs peanuts and anyone who isn’t PSG are just surviving. Can pick up some potential gems from there.

2 Likes

You obviously don’t remember our last French Gems.

2 Likes