The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I certainly do :sunglasses:

1 Like

I still maintain that had Anthony Le Talents shot against Arsenal gone in, early on in his time here, he would have kicked on and made a career for himself here, and yes, been brilliant! I have a sliding doors mentality. If only this one thing happened, then the whole world would have been different…

Le Tallec, brilliant shot, millimeters from the top corner.

As for Florent Cinema Popcorn, a good turn one time where he left two players scratching their heads wondering what happened, but, erm, that’s about it.

4 Likes

They aren’t the only ones.

3 Likes

It’s interesting how a bit of luck early on can really affect a players career.

How would Downing have done had that absolute thunderbolt in his first game gone in, instead of bouncing off the bar? Probably still shit, but he’d have got more of a chance from fans.

Or Salah? He got off to a great start, but there were a couple of scruffy ones, a couple of deflections in his first five. But by then he is full of confidence and flying.

1 Like

Didn’t he score in the olympiacos game?

Of the two of them, I thought Pongolle was the better player.

2 Likes

Pongolle broke through in an age of two centre forwards and I don’t think it suited him. He’d have a better career these days coming in off the left wing.

4 Likes

I think there was a Réveillère too. Then there were the
Grégory Vignal
Bruno Cheyrou
El Hadji Diouf
Djibril Cissé

1 Like

We’ve got a very dodgy record full stop prior to the current set up. We can’t let mistakes of the past prejudice decisions made by completely different people.

1 Like

Divock Origi
Salif Diao
Titi Camara

1 Like

The french league is a bit dodgy. There are going to be loads of good players available on the cheap, but we’ve got to be cautious. Lemar and Fekir are two lads we nearly signed from the french league in recent seasons, very highly rated, and neither have really gone on to prove us wrong to pass.

Look at niel Mellor! Scored beautiful goal against arsenal, scored for fun in reserves, but wasn’t spurred on to greatness.

Confidence does a lot for footballers, but one nice goal shouldn’t be deciding factor.

For the record, I kind of liked Popcorn (sorry no idea how to spell his name), think he played for a while in Spain maybe, had half decent career.

1 Like

As long as they don’t come with the tag “the new” it should be fine.

4 Likes

He also lacked pace which made it harder for him to break through.

3 Likes

That, and being a porker

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Didn’t stop Micky Quinn though!

3 Likes

Yeah, Mellor was never really considered a real first team prospect and so his considerable success at the reserve level was part of what got people thinking about the need to restructure it to better selected for first team potential.

2 Likes

I hope for once it is the truth!

3 Likes

And his love of pies.

1 Like
3 Likes

€23m for Grujic
:flushed: :rofl: :pleading_face:

2 Likes