The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Not really given his chance he was Klopp’s first signing but I think he was purchased as a highly recommended player from the brain. Still bought in for £5m and sold for €23m is good business for someone who hasn’t played hardly. Anyone who decides to put that money up, are a bit daft

2 Likes

Fichajes - I believe that means ‘unreliable rumour’ in Spanish.
Liverpool want to sign Barcelona 's French forward Ousmane Dembele, 23, as a replacement for Senegal international Sadio Mane, 29. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

2 Likes

Barca have offered him a new deal anyway.

2 Likes

I would take €16 for Grujic… He is just one of many dead weight that needs to be permanently moved on.

4 Likes

I think we are in a situation where we will be happy with €10-12 million plus some add-ons.

1 Like

Similar case for a bit of perspective: Chelsea got £13.5m (around £10m profit on what they invested) for Mario Pasalic last summer, who had clearly better loan spells almost everywhere he’s been than Grujic. Both are not really fully established internationals, Pasalic was/is a little bit more established than Grujic though. Hopefully we can negotiate something this summer if there’s interest. But yeah, sometimes we have to be more realistic, especially in the climate we’re in now.

4 Likes

Let’s have a little normality…

Liverpool are interested in Aston Villa and England striker Ollie Watkins, 25, who became the Midlands club’s record signing eight months ago when he joined from Brentford for £28m. (Football Insider)

West Ham United lead the race to sign Youssef En-Nesyri from Sevilla, despite Liverpool and Manchester United being linked with the 23-year-old Morocco forward. (La Razon - in Spanish)

So not 200m for Mbappe, I thought JP Morgan had paid up front :rofl:

7 Likes

Remember the good old days (last week) when we just argued about which CB to sign?

6 Likes

Explains why we didn’t spend on a CB in January, FSG didn’t think missing top 4 would be an issue.

Crazy. Also if Jürgens correct in saying he didn’t know about this until the day before yesterday. Does that mean the club just blankly refuse to buy a CB without a reason to Jürgen

1 Like

To be honest all they need to say is the pot is empty Jurgen, they don’t need to expand on that.

Maybe they also said but you’ll have cash in the summer.

I did think when the rumours they would back Klopp in the summer regardless that it would be the red bird stuff now we know what they meant.

3 Likes

Yeah I suppose. Would have thought these would have big board room meeting discussing these things. Personally I’d be asking where is the money why not now.

Where’s the ESL money, John?

Oh wait…

6 Likes

Do JP Morgan now own Real Madrid and Tottenham’s stadium?

Liverpool look as if they could miss out on long-term target Ugurcan Cakir, 25, after Borussia Dortmund moved in with a big offer for the Trabzonspor and Turkey goalkeeper. Aston Villa and Atletico Madrid are also interested in the 25-year-old. (Fotospor, via Team Talk)

Liverpool are also interested in Sparta Prague’s Czech forward Adam Hlozek, 18. (Football Insider)

Dortmund, big offer??? Nah, it’s silly.

Lloyd Kelly is apparently having a quality season this year.

2 Likes

The movement I’m seeing with a lot of talk attached seems to be indicating a Summer of;

Adding Konate, Bissouma, Neuhaus and Malen.

Pretty much to replace Lovren/Phillips, Wijnaldum, Ox/Keita and Origi.

Also expect Elliott to replace Shaqiri and a low cost or free GK to replace Adrian.

This is viewing Kabak as part of the squad and that maybe being made permanent, if not another CB may be added.

This is all probably wrong of course and we will probably end up doing completely different business.

I’ve got to say the targets I really thought we would go for would be Botman, Camavinga, Goncalves and Andre Silva. Maybe even a cut price Caleta-Car, Boubakar, Kamada and Azmoun.

2 Likes

Well, one can always dream :sunglasses:

1 Like