The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Someone started the ‘he is not tall enough’ thing for possible new CBs so I’m doing it with possible new attackers.

New forward should at least be a bit taller than what we already have - Firmino 1,81m.

So from me that’s a no for Malen.

Heard our FBs are world class crossers but our Front4 don’t score enough.

And no - I’m not asking for a big men next Andy Carroll shit. Just someone with presence in the Box.

Santa maybe?

8 Likes

Doesn’t deliver enough.

7 Likes

Blimey? Talk about hard to please. A bloke who manages to deliver presents to every child in the world on one night and that’s not enough for you?

5 Likes

yes but can he do it on a cold wednesday in stoke?

9 Likes

Don’t think I’ve seen anything really solid linking us to either Bissouma or Neuhaus. General chat but nowt you’d get too excited about.

Any links you can share?

Also, Malen’s agent is Raiola and I can’t see us working with him. Seems to have most of the next generation of Dutch talent in his stable.

I don’t have the Athletic but a lot seems to go back to whatever is said in this article for Bissouma.

Maybe people are getting too far ahead of themselves and it is Chinese whispers?

Neuhaus talk;

Malen;

Apparently comes from Voetball International.

2 Likes

Once a year? Lazy

3 Likes

He still delivers more often than Firmino.

Boom-tish.

4 Likes

Appreciate the shares.

My two cents would say it would likely only be one centre mid so a choice between Bissouma and Neuhaus if they are our two. Would be happy with either but seen more of Bissouma and really like what I’ve seen.

Still part of me thinks they might try and get by without replacing Gini this summer. Use what money we have to refresh CB and bring in a CF type. Then, next summer when Milner’s time might well up at the highest level, we invest big in that area. Unless we shift Keita or Ox, which I wouldn’t be that confident of doing, in which case we’d definitely need to do something.

Fab, Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Milner, Keita and Ox is enough numbers but the fitness is clearly the worry.

1 Like

I’m struggling to see how is “Jones an ideal replacement for Gini”. How do you put Bissouma and Jones in the same sentence stylistically.

5 Likes

I don’t actually see these two as alike in my limited knowledge. Think Bissouma would more be an option to replace Gini who is usually used in the deeper roles and more of a natural 6 option the way we play it than Gini or even Thiago and Henderson whilst still also being an 8 option. Neuhaus seems much more forward thinking more like a contender to replace Ox and/or Keita if the club have decided its time to say goodbye to one or both (Jones progression can replace the other).

Its not the guys I’d go for (for a start I know very little about Neuhaus) but I can see how both could come in and along with Jones replace Wijnaldum, Keita and Ox. Possibly.

All young or reasonably young too so that gives a base whilst Milner sees out his last year or two and hopefully then 3 and Fabinho (who isn’t that old) would then be the core whilst Thiago and Henderson move on/wind down their careers.

Is out first choice CM Hendo Fab and Thiago when all fit ? Would love to see that 3 together dont think we have yet have we?

Jones and Milner can be relied upon for depth if we add 1 more and maybe promote one from the u21 then let Keita and Ox move and obviously Gini goes too.

1 Like

Hendo, Fab and Thiago started and played together vs. Everton at the start of the season.

1 Like

Think it’s fair to say Neuhaus is a bit more attacking than Bissouma but we’ve got the flexibility with the ones we have to accommodate either of them.

Really couldn’t see it being both unless someone gives us a silly good offer for Keita and/or Ox and I can’t see teams taking risks with the limited budgets they have.

It depends on how Klopp sees his midfielders. Obviously, Fabinho is the only one you can safely call a defensive midfielder, Alcantara can naturally play as the deepest of three midfielders but is not a defence-minded player, whereas Henderson and Milner are all-rounders, while Jones, Keita and AOC definitely aren’t in the conversation for the deepest of three midfielders.

From that point of view, I could understand a midfielder like Bissouma arriving to replace Wijnaldum. Fabinho, Henderson and Alcantara would probably be the first choice trio, fitness permitting, with Bissouma, Jones and, say, Keita fighting with them for the starting spot (though I guess that Keita is just a tad less likely to leave than AOC). I’m deliberately leaving out Milner as he’s not a medium- or long-term option anymore. Strictly looking at their ages, past experience, respective skill sets and Klopp’s tactical blueprint, I could live with such midfield selection.

It’s a whole different story when it comes to the attack, though, I’m surprised that there haven’t been almost any remotely credible links with some forwards.

4 Likes

Brighton has slapped a 40 mil tag on Bissouma. Exorbitant.

Is it? I think he’s really good and when a price tag is ‘slapped’ down, it’s usually a lot more than that.

Offer them Origi and 15m. :smiley:

The fact that Potter is openly talking about not standing in his way and figures are being chucked around would hint at the fact they are perhaps open to selling him but are doing their bit to talk up his value.

Given the losses they made last year and with this year likely to be even worse it’s likely they will need to sell one or two for decent fees and he’s probably the most valuable.

I think it’s just the start of the dance. Whether that will be with us, we may not have to wait long to find out but I’d be pretty sure on him moving somewhere this summer.