The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Hard to say how much players are worth at the moment. 40M seems steep in this financial climate, but the quality of the player is there.

Maybe a loan for Harvey Elliott to help them negotiate a more sensible fee? He also continues his upward trajectory at a nice Prem club.

One thing is certain, he won’t be at Brighton next season. A really good player, if we don’t sign him someone else most definitely will and we need to replace Gini and possibly Keita.

I really like Bissouma but I agree, I think £40 sounds high for him. And I personally don’t think he’s worth that. Just my opinion.

EDIT: and just to clarify my stance, given the makeup of our squad I’d rather put that financial resource into a goal scoring or creative midfielder.

1 Like

In a normal, non-Covid world, I’d pay that for him in a heartbeat. Once he moves clubs to one of the big boys he’ll be regarded as one of the best in the country.

2 Likes

He will have suitors; wealthy, free-spending, suitors.

Grujic, perhaps!

Yeah, and we will be out of the floor in no time.

Agreed.

1 Like

If you subscribe to The Athletic there was a nice piece written last week about Bissouma. Athletic ability top level but he still struggles understanding tactics and following systems. Can at times unnerve his teammates. The article also featured advanced statistics and he doesn’t have great passing range, instead opting for sideways/lateral passing. As a result of him not fully grasping the system he tends to get caught in possession with the ball at his feet. Interesting read. He has really connected with Potter, more so than he did Hughton, calling Potter a ‘father figure’.

3 Likes

Thats nonsensical, surely they have to pay us more than 15m + Bissouma to get Origi

3 Likes

Only about once every 7 years.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Hair today, gone tomorrow?

16 Likes

Shaq can go to Brighton, with Grujic, for a straight swap for Bissouma.

It does make me wonder what assurances were given to Shaq in January as far as playing time was concerned. He had the offer from Hertha to go on loan there through end of season and turned it down. And he won’t have played every minute possible there.

1 Like

There is this also…

Hope we are in the mix.

He’s 32 years old.

2 Likes

Easily got a couple of years in him whilst we tell Haaland to sit tight for a year :slight_smile:

How much would that couple of years cost though?

Seems to be valued around 70m.

I know he’s really good, but spending even half that on a 32 year old, with revenues obliterated by Covid, would be reckless.

5 Likes

So in terms of fee and wages he’d probably cost us more per year than owning Mbappe would.

1 Like

It depends on how close a decline is for him… If he can go the Ronaldo route it’s still a pretty solid investment, especially if you are offsetting some of the cost by selling Bobby for example.

His injury record is excellent, rarely misses more than a few games per season.

He scored 36 goals in 26 games in the league this year, it’s exactly what we need.

He has 2 years left on his contract so I think it’s more around £50mil v’s £70mil.

Hey it’s total pie in the sky type stuff but I’d say he’s far far more attainable than Haaland or Mbappe.

2 Likes

Why do you think that? PSG have offered Mbappe £500k per week after tax…

1 Like