The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

That’s not how it works. We’ve several players that were offered more to stay at their old clubs or move to other clubs than us.

I really don’t see the wage demands of Lewandowski being much different than Mbappe.

Lewa has maybe 2/3 years so £70m is a commitment equal to £23m-£35m per year plus wages. PSG were apparently hoping for around £125m for Mbappe which if he was with us 5/6 years would be a £21m-£25m a year plus wages but could then be sold for the same fee or possibly more.

So with us longer, cost around the same per year or less, can bring in funds when he leaves.

2 Likes

We’re not. :slight_smile:

fixed it for you

People know we aren’t going to be in the CL next season, don’t they?

Already reduced revenues taking another major blow and people are hoping we spend £70m on a 32 year old or think we’ll pay Mbappe level wages. Lewandoski has a couple years left and he’s going to spend one of them slumming it in the Europa League or god forbid, the Europa Conference. Mbappe, probably one of the most desired players in world football is just so in love with Liverpool he’ll spend a year slumming it in the European backwaters for a fraction of what he could earn elsewhere playing at the top tier. Absolutely mental. You’re going to be really disappointed if this is what you’re hoping for this summer.

I’m all for unreliable chat but this type of thing should go into an unfathomable transfer chat thread.

6 Likes

I did say totally pie in the sky :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think we need to look outside our league for quality players at a bargain owing to pandemic. Depay on a free, Suarez on a free, Coutinho for 30 million, Malen for 25 million.
One player I would sign from our league would be Adama Traore in a player swap + cash deal as his fee will be around 30 million. Not much of a risk.

I don’t think the outlay would be huge and outgo of players like Origi, Grugic, Shaq since Klopp doesn’t trust him, Gini, Wilson would cover for the buys.

https://twitter.com/goal/status/1386964183321808898?s=20

I repeat…

4 Likes

Poch also recently said that he’s pretty good in Spanish, too.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF

11 Likes

On his way to City to take the place of the out of favor Sterling, then?

That would be devastating. :cold_face:

Hopefully Pocch has told him though how shit the atmosphere is inside the Emptihad when he asked him about English football… :laughing:

ARD’s reply above…

1 Like

If the lad is already saying, “Five quid to watch yer car Poch” then it seems like a done deal.

1 Like

He’s not a great player in my opinion. Why spend 30 million on a player that’s got more baby oil on his arms than assists or goals?

9 Likes

Yeah. I would rather give Takumi more minutes.

2 Likes

Who would be tempted? I like him and think Klopp could make him a great CF, wouldn’t necessarily be expected to start every week unless he ends up earning it but useful to have a good, young, home-grown, CF of that type to use in some games and bring off the bench for others.

5 Likes

Agreed. Lots of potential and home-grown.

1 Like

Doesn’t strike me as Klopp’s type of forward, someone who would be his first line of defence. Would be expensive to be a rotation option. I see him probably going to some club outside the “top 6”.

Wanted to mention Tammy a few times but then I thought ‘fuck it, they don’t sell to us’.

I like him. A season to forget for him because of all the decisions at the club.

Can not be compared to Solanke. Already better than Solanke will ever be.

Klopp could turn him into a +25 goal CF.

Edit: From the sound of this it looks like Chelsea are the most serious about Haaland. They have the money.

4 Likes

In what ways is he different from Lewandowski in style? Obviously quality (although Klopp will help improve that) but style and attributes? Think too many get focused on Firmino but Klopp never bought him, he inherited him and developed ways to get the best our of him. Ways you could argue have been getting less effective as time goes on.

1 Like