The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

side point. brilliant word.

2 Likes

Chris Morgan’s ok, we wouldn’t have had him back if he wasn’t. We got rid of the guy who was shit a few years ago.

As for Achterberg…

1 Like

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Leeds have told Premier League rivals Liverpool to forget about signing English striker Patrick Bamford, 27. (Star)

The ultimate smokescreen? :thinking:

3 Likes

We would be more interested in Rafinha than him plus Grealish hinted somewhere that he would rather go to us than manure?

2 Likes

Hopefully not.

3 Likes

Why not? A damn good player and following his adventures on Twitter would bring back memories of my misspent twenties. Well, perhaps not so misspent.

I think he would be a great asset.

1 Like

If I have to buy someone from Aston Villa, I will buy Watkins, because right now we need a CF more.

Watkins is the poor mans English Timo Werner.

2 Likes

And if I am to buy an English player not named Sancho, I will buy either Maddison or Barnes, both of them at least have performed well for more than 1 season.

The same kind of football-‘asshole’ as Suarez is. You hate him if he plays somewhere else but you love him if he is on your team.

I’ll take him in a heartbeat,

3 Likes

The trouble with Maddison and Barnes is that LFC has a ‘no dickheads’ policy.

5 Likes

And that, unlike Sancho, there are better non-English options at cheaper prices than it’d likely take to buy them from Leicester. I don’t see why people keep looking at their players. They sell for what are big prices at the time for what they are selling. Usually sacrificing one high profile player per season and frequently for what looks like a high price later.
2016/17 Kante for ÂŁ32m
2017/18 Drinkwater ÂŁ34m
2018/19 Mahrez ÂŁ61m
2019/20 Maguire ÂŁ78m
2020/21 Chilwell ÂŁ45m

Chilwell and Mahrez are good but a little steep, Maguire and Drinkwater was daylight robbery at those prices. Kante was steep for the time but the only one you can look at and say was definitely worth what was paid and that was 5 years ago when they weren’t as strong. Their negotiating stance is only going to have improved by now and their owner situation means they don’t need to worry about the covid impact. If there’s a “smaller” club we should be avoiding (other than Everton) it’s Leicester.

3 Likes

Would you fancy anyone from the Fulham, WBA, or Sheffield?

I have a problem with players who don’t pull their socks up.

1 Like

Including our Trent? :thinking:

2 Likes

I liked Andersen from Fulham very much and Pereira from WBA had a decent season as well, that’s about it. I did expect more from Diangana after all the fuss that West Ham players and fans made when he was sold.

2 Likes

Yep, I don’t like it. Those tiny shin pads he wears don’t give the shins much protection. He needs telling.

2 Likes

Matheus Pereira. Ten goals and five assists for a team that was always struggling is good feat.

2 Likes

Barnes doesn’t come across as a dickhead at all. One transgression the other week, can’t think of anything else.

2 Likes

So, Mbappe sees Real Madrid as a worse club with a worse manager? :thinking:

1 Like