The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Interesting shout on how Ox might be used as a false nine.

To my mind he’s borderline between staying and going, as he will want to play more. Mind you, if Keita leaves, and assuming Wijnaldum is off, losing a third midfielder might be too much change.

2 Likes

Sega diallo is very close to the Keita side of things rather than necessarily what the club is thinking. I expect that the interest he’s reporting is genuine just wouldn’t bank on Liverpool pushing to move him on.

7 Likes

Why would Leicester or Palace think Keita would be useful for them when he is clearly struggling with the English style of the game. But I think he will be moved on this summer.

That bloody agent burned all the bridges.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s an issue with Keita’s agent, I think the issue is with Keita’s fitness record and inability to find consistency. That coupled with Liverpool’s bench contributing square root of eff all probably tipped Klopp over the edge. I thought Keita played well in great majority of his Liverpool games but as soon as he strings a few matches, he gets injured. Klopp can’t build around that, as simple as that.

Fabinho, Henderson, Alcantara and Jones are secure options for the next season, fitness permitting, with Milner winding down his career. I wouldn’t mind getting in, say, Bissouma and Aouar, for lack of other names, to replace Wijnaldum, Keita and AOC.

12 Likes

My concern is Henderson has a pretty poor injury record and will be 31 next season, that has to have some consideration, I’d hope there is a youth player who could gets minutes if he is out.

Losing Gini’s availability is pretty huge so anyone who comes in has to be really robust!

7 Likes

Good shout, Bissouma and Aouar it is!

Can I have a vowel please Carol? (Or whoever does Countdown now!)

2 Likes

As far as I would love Ox to stay with us his injury jinx doesn’t seem to go away anytime soon. I wouldn’t be averse to inxlude him in Sancho or Adama or Maximan or Bisouma deal.

What do you guys know about Boubakary Soumaré??? I heard Leicester is interested in him. Seems similar to Wilfred Ndidi.

2 Likes

I hear he is similar to Wilfred Ndidi

7 Likes

I believe he’s similar to Wilfred Ndidi.

6 Likes

The rumors I’ve seen compare him to Ndidi, not sure how accurate that is.

5 Likes

I’ve been told he’s similar to Ndidi. (Sorry, just thought I’d say it as well.) I actually haven’t got a clue who he is!

7 Likes

Similar to Wilfred Ndidi?

Ndidi is.

10 Likes
2 Likes

Leicester maybe want more competition there and to be secured if someone nicks one of Tielemans or Ndidi (perhaps not in this window). They’ll have a much more congested schedule next season and the likes of Maddison and Praet aren’t really proper central midfielders. With Soumare in, they’ll probably sell one of Mendy/Choudhury.

2 Likes

Soumare has one year left in his contract. Bargain.

Three seasons in a row with +10 assists. The last english player who did that in one of the top 5 leagues was David Beckham.

1 Like
8 Likes

He is so full of shit… Got so many things wrong, deletes the tweets then blocks whoever calls him out.

2 Likes

Yep he is a top top player, I’d say just a level behind Haaland / Mbappe currently.

I was more interested that since he moved to the left he started scoring a lot more… Means he could play both sides here which is a huge plus.

1 Like