The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Origi to Watford?

Might help to sign Sarr?

3 Likes

Divock would be stupid to stay in England.

Should go back to Lille and play CL. Their CF Burak Yilmaz ist 35 and has one year left on his contract.

7 Likes

Maybe Lille are too clever to go back in for him. Very organized club in last years, tight squad, but squeezing every drop out of it.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

What sort of wages do they pay at Lille? Easily able to pay a guy like Origi, coming from Liverpool?

1 Like

Rachel :kissing:

I think Leicester is interested in him.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/liverpool-striker-taiwo-awoniyi-granted-uk-work-permit-with/awkoo0ekbi1s1phvekfei698j

Well, finally! One to keep an eye on, maybe Edwards can now make some significant profit on him.

6 Likes

Under 1 million euros a year (if possible).
No!

1 Like

While Origi is on decent wage (3 mil, I had read somewhere) it would still be excessive for Lille. Maybe Lyon or Monaco can afford him? However there are lots of clubs that can afford his wage, so I’m not too worried.

Origi is more like 2.5 million a month from what I can gather. Only PSG could afford that.
Lyon and Monaco noway!
Lyon are looking to offload their highest earners.
Btw recently Lille went into negociations with the players to cut wages and as they were badly recieved at the start decided to freeze all bonus payments. French football is in a mess as I keep saying.

2 Likes

Mind blowing really when you think about it

3 Likes

Are you sure? That would be roughly Van Dijk’s and Salah’s wages combined. There’s no way FSG would sanction such wages even for a regular starter, let alone a backup.

6 Likes

Renato Sanches is Lilles highest earner reported to be 300K a month. That’s some difference.

Yeah, at that rate his yearly wages, 30 mil, would be among the top earners in Europe. :flushed:

1 Like

Not sure of anything. The site I used gave that but there must be a mistake (factor of 10?). Surely more like 270K a month which is in the ball park of Lilles top earner.

2 Likes

Twitter chat saying we’re letting Kabak go and holding on to Phillips. Strange as Kabak younger and seems a better fit. Phillips has impressed but more a mid/lower prem league starting CB. Better to sell him for £10-15m and make up the rest for Kabak?

2 Likes

File this one under “very unreliable” but Luckhurst says that Liverpool also held talks with Varane’s representatives.

Yeah Origi isn’t on £625k a week.

According to Spotrac Origi is on about 60k a week, so roughly 240k a month. Divock Origi Contract, Salary Cap Details & Breakdowns | Spotrac.

Spotrac use estimates not hard facts, as not sure how available that information is, but generally speaking it’s in the ball park.

As an example They have Ben Davies earning 60k a week, which I think is more that they have averaged a salary for similar players and guessed what he is making. I’d be very surprised if he is on even half of that in real life given that Preston pay very low wages so his expectations would not have been that high.

3 Likes

One of the Liverpool fan accounts was linking us to Varane last night (Euro time). I was going to post in the rumour thread but deleted it as didn’t know where the source of the rumour was from.

Given the lack of noise on Kabak maybe the interest is there.