The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

He’s more of a clear #10, don’t know what we’d do with him and I seriously doubt he can play the false #9. Potentially was a little overrated as well, when he was back in Germany and this “new talent”. I guess it’s what can happen when a player has highlight goals from range, free kicks, etc.

He’s got a massive contract offer from Qatar, around £530k per week for 3 years, but apparently wants to stay in Europe for now.

Funny how he made some improvement on the pitch after Ibra had a word with him, that he needs to become a much more serious performer at a club like Milan.

We’ll see where he goes, but I don’t think it will be quite our level.

If true that mane and Salah are staying then sancho isn’t arriving.

But what if Bobby want some sun in spain?

Could also explain why Klopp is suddenly using Ox as the false 9.

I know speculative.

1 Like

The days of Pearce been briefed went out the window when leaky tap Rodgers went.

1 Like

He is part of the network that get their updates from the club. He probably just doesnt get the more individual briefings that others do.

1 Like

I think Bobby’s happy here, it will perhaps be more of a question for us, how do we spread out new contracts (to whom and on which conditions) over the next 12 months.

I don’t think Ox’s 2 cameos off the bench as a false #9 is an indicator of something serious happening there.

4 Likes

That was, what, five mins???

Nailed it.

4 Likes

All the talk of contract extensions Mane is sometimes listed Firmino not at all. I think Firmino may move on this summer. Sancho or similar could be brought in as the “replacement” that isn’t a replacement if that makes sense? An “upgrade” on Origi too. Shaqiri replaced internally with Elliott.

Felix or Lauturo* Martinez…

Maybe its just me…
But, is the Unreliable Rumours thread morphing into Who would you Buy?

9 Likes

Who is Jaoa Martinez?

Corrected!

1 Like

Felix is sort of the main reason why I don’t think Atletico will go in for Bobby. Felix himself is still not quite hitting the levels he could, at least not consistently enough, but of course you keep him and keep working with him. If Atletico go for an attacker, it would be a proper striker in my opinion (more longer term option than Suarez).

2 Likes

Agreed. When I come to this topic, I come for unreliable rumours, but it seems to becoming more and more the place to discuss “who you would buy” and what systems they could play in.

Maybe the Mods could look into shifting the posts into the “Who would you buy” thread and just leaving the rumours here?

2 Likes

Ok lads, let’s use this thread for what is it thought for, ok? Cheers. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This thread has always had a bit of the ‘who would you buy?’ discussion in it. It’s a thread for tenuous links, and we’re tenuously linked to everyone.

4 Likes

He has been used in the 9 position before, Ox. Not many times, but I remember he started there in a CL game last season or the season before. Plus a few times from the bench here and there.

1 Like

Klopp was quoted when discussing Ox they were going to try him in the false 9 role.

6m for Shaq? :flushed:

1 Like

He’s lost weight since training under Klopp. :grin:

1 Like