The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Yes, quite likely we’ll be making it known that there’s x million off the price if the deal’s done before, say, 10 July. What are the dates of the Euros?

1 Like

11 June to 11 July I think

1 Like

I think for players who have performed regularly and are in the Euro we might be tempted to hold on for few weeks. But for players who have been largely benchwarmers we will be tempted for a swift deal.

On that basis you’d probably be looking at around the 16 July then.

Only Wilson (Wales) and Shaqiri (Switzerland) are likely to be sold. So we may not have to wait that long.

£25.8m bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini seems to be the latest rumour doing the rounds.

I don’t know enough about him to comment either way

Haven’t seen anyone reliable mention it yet. Apparently his contract runs out next summer and the bid matches that of a release clause. Daily Mirror mentioned it as a possible move a month ago, and the latest rumours are supposed to be from the corriere dello sport which I thought used to be fairly reliable but am not sure if it still is.

The Echo doing an unusually long article specifically about Pellegrini, albeit referencing the report of corriere dello sport as justification

1 Like

It’s a bit of a click bait half the article is on a guy who was crocked when we signed him.

Let’s never sign another German keeper because Karius was shit, let’s never sign another player who played for Salzburg because two have been shit and let’s ignore Mane.

Can’t really stand those kind of articles.

As for others Ballotelli you knew what you were getting and Alberto was crocked. Hopefully if that happened today we would walk.

4 Likes

Anyhow Pellegrini who I don’t have much knowledge of bar from transfermarkt seems to have had 2 short spells with a hamstring injury and one spell with metasarsal over the last 4 years but still seems to have played over 80% of the games.

Seems to have only missed two with a very minor issue and special leave last season.

1 Like

Pellegrini looks slow. He’ll get murdered in the Premier League and we could do with a bit of pace in there.

So, it seems like Porto are actually negotiating for Grujić. That would be a nice start to the big summer fundraiser.

11 Likes

They’re selling Oliveira (CM) and Corona (winger).

Possibly to us if the most unreliable of unreliable sources on Twitter can be believed.

£15m would be a good fee. Perhaps some of that may include a sell on clause or something though. Would be interested to know what the upper limit that clubs where willing to pay for him last season and how that compares to prices this season (I read that the club were looking for £18m last season)

1 Like

With all the loan fees people have paid for GruJic hes probably cost £50m!

1 Like

I literally know nothing about him but my annoyance was with the article.

Anyhow whoever Edwards and Klopp sign I’ll be comfortable with, I thought Jota was slightly baffling to be fair

2 Likes

I read he is going to Fiorentina.

That’s too optimistic, even considering the options for add-ons.

1 Like

Talks open with Yuri Tielemans apparently. He would be a great addition but will probably cost 75m or something like that

I don’t see why. It would be dependent on the structure of the deal. If the payments are spread over a longer period of time, the price payable would be higher (like we did with Wolves for Jota for example). There could be an element based on games played for the club, or for country or a % of future sales - so if these arent met, the fee payable may only be £10m for example.

Granted, Porto don’t often spend more than £10m for a player but they’ve just paid £14m for a winger from Brazil, having sold two players for £19m and appear to be moving at least 2 (and probably more) out.

1 Like