The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Does nothing for me

Itā€™s cute that there are still players out there willing to play for free.

4 Likes

And I have absolutely no sympathy for them.

3 Likes

Letā€™s just accept any way and itā€™ll be a nice surprise for them when he turns up in the post.

8 Likes

Itā€™s not too difficult to imagine unfortunately. It is highly unlikely that Hendo and Fab will get through the entire season without getting injured and missing several games.

Hendo getting older and off the back of a pretty bad groin injury. Fab in my view needs his minutes managed pretty closely, as he tends to struggle if relied on for too many games.
As much as I want them to stay fit, they seem to pick up an injury or 2 every season.
Thiago will hopefully not be in the same boat and can be ā€˜Gini likeā€™ with availability.

Why isnā€™t there a queue to sign Kabak for Ā£8.5 million?!

That seems very unlikely, heā€™s had injury issues pretty much every season.

1 Like

Who for? I just donā€™t see him being / staying fit for long enough to make an impact for us.

1 Like

Up and coming such as Nuehaus? Itā€™s gone a bit quiet on that front. I know heā€™s supposedly staying at Gladbach, but itā€™s wise not to believe anything during the transfer window. Maybe an ā€˜out of the blueā€™ announcement followed by a lean?

1 Like

Mail now reporting we have ended our interest in Teilemans as Ā£64m is too much but now going for inters barella at the bargain price of Ā£60m :rofl: and wonā€™t be bringing Kobak back for Ā£8.5m.

Italians never seem to do well at Lfc .

Iā€™ve been predicting this for the last ten years and itā€™s never happened. Guess itā€™s never likely too.

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah someone like him rather than teenage options like Camavinga or Gravenbach.

Love the comments on the Mail - everyone says - do you just link every player with Man U!

2 Likes

He probably hasnt been offered to anyone else at that price? I suspect also, he probably isnā€™t being chased by clubs, so clubs that are interested are happy to wait to see just how low they can get him for towards the end of the window. A lot of clubs are probably trying to move players on before they make a move for him.

Anyways, I thought I read a couple of days ago that Leicester were signing him, has that rumour now been quashed?

I donā€™t see Jota as a CF to be honest. Heā€™s a winger. The one Iā€™d like to see move to CF is Salah actually. He loves scoring goals, so just put him in a central position. The pink elephant in the room is that Roberto Firminoā€™s expiration date looks past due. Iā€™m sure Klopp loves Bobby for his pressing abilities, but we need our striker to score goals in bunches. Iā€™d like to sell Bobby and buy a more natural scoring striker to replace him.

But yes we want to bin off a lot of the people you mentioned. And we need to add 1 more midfielder and 1 more front four attacker.

Just because someone loves scoring goals, I donā€™t think that by itself justifies moving their position on a permanent basis. Many of those goals come about because of his current positioning and movement. Playing him as the CF would probably limit him in that respect. As he gets older there might be an argument for that move to happen but I donā€™t see it right now.

3 Likes

Its not necessarily true but a high chance why Salah and Mane scores more than Firmino is precisely they play in their positions right now in the system that Klopp sets up for the team and with Firmino playing his role. The system is as important as the players, not less. Granted Firmino could score more and there is no reason why we should not be looking at renewal within the team as that is a matter of time as they grow older.

2 Likes

Manure are in for any player they can barter for from what I can gather. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, moving Salah central more permanently would mean some adjustments in terms of other roles in the setup. We see when Jota is in there with Mane and Salah that we donā€™t get a good rhythm in terms of movement towards vs away from the ball. Firminoā€™s job is as much about that as it is about pressing. His overall contribution to the team is still at a very high level.

2 Likes