The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I’d rather have 5 more Salah’s than one Messi. It would be the same cost in wages.

4 Likes

If Messi came to LFC, the only circumstances would be him taking a massive wage drop and turning down big money from the oil clubs and the Chinese and MLS markets.

If that was the case then it absolutely shows a desire to play for us.

Would I sign Messi? In the right circumstances for sure. But those circumstances will never happen, so it’s a no from me.

3 Likes

Easiest way to resolve the issue is to ask ourselves this…
Would the fans ever embrace Messi as one of their own…?
Would they write songs to be sung like Virgil’s ditty…?
Would they put Messi on the back of a shirt instead of Firmino…?
For me, I wouldn’t want him at Anfield

Some on here would not be long before they turn on Messi because he just stands around on the pitch like Origi. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

But they would never pass to each other, let alone to anybody else! :wink:

3 Likes

Noone can stand on a pitch like Origi (except perhaps Chris Waddle).

Plus if you sign Messi then you also sign Messi’s twitter fans. No thank you.

2 Likes

Lets see if the Barca fans will still love him after he knocks them out of the CL next season

You think they’ll allow PSG and Barca to meet in the group stages?

2 Likes

quarter final

1 Like

PSG vs Juventus seems an inevitability though :roll_eyes:

I really hope we are waiting for the Olympics to finish and sign Cunha, he really is a perfect Bobby long term replacement.

5 Likes

There’s been a lot of players cited as the ‘next Bobby’, but none to match our dazzler! Cunha did look good in the one match I saw though

2 Likes

Rather not have players demand who we sign. That’s up to Klopp and Edwards.

3 Likes

I’m dreaming of an MBappe-Mane-Salah front three.

5 Likes

I wish it wasnt but i think dreaming is the right word.

1 Like

The amusing thing is the one time I can think of where our players have clamoured for someone to be signed, we had already done so discreetly, but Jürgen couldn’t mention it.

2 Likes

Sadly I agree with this;

I think realistically the only chance of Mbappe arriving at the way LFC is run is with Mane (and possibly even Firmino too) leaving. Maybe something where Real Madrid sign Mane as a consultation which they package to their fans as signing the best left winger in the Premier League and a Galactico signing for about two thirds what Mbappe would then cost us. If Firmino left too I could actually see him going to PSG as part exchange to do for Neymar and Messi what he did here for Salah and Mane. Then we have a front duo of Salah and Mbappe backed up by something like Jota, Minamino/new signing and Elliott. Behind them is more a number 10/attacking Centre Mid than with Firmino as false 9 with Ox backed up by Jones. DM Fabinho, CM duo of Henderson and Thiago. Milner, Keita and a new player backing them up. Think that is realistic but still not sure we will actually see it. Think with the finances made available to him Klopp has made the decision that going with what he has will be the safer, steadier approach now. Might still see one or two arrive but mostly as replacements/upgrades for fringe players leaving. Don’t think anything too drastic is going to happen this late in the window.

1 Like

Been having the exact same thought. Think he’s got a bit more flair and creativity than Firmino but the work rate might need some work.

Think he’s a really exciting option and someone I mentioned back at the very start of the summer. Surprised he hasn’t already been targeted by someone this summer already but hope you’re right that we’ve just been waiting on the Olympics to be done.

1 Like

Piece from Vickey ostensibly about the final, but praising him

4 Likes