The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I dont think he is in reality…everyone seems so happy for him in the COPA, everyone of his ex teamates seem to appreciate him AFAIK

the word cancer is really agressive (i admit ive used the saying before but its pretty unthoughtful as well)

i think, (without any real evidence, just observation from afar) i would certainly go along with the narative that he was so god like at Barca that the dressing room had to bend to his will…i mean, its Lionel Messi…and its Barca…i dont think anyone could expect less…the manager himself would know that walking into the job, that whatever tactic he wanted to employ, messi could at anytime say what he wanted contrary to the coaches instruction and the team would listen

might not have that complete luxuary at a new club.

whatever it is, i agree, the dynamic wouldnt fit in at LFC

14 Likes

who is it, and is he any good?

4 Likes

It would be fun just to see him help annihilate city in every competition after they spend 250m.

1 Like

I love when @redbj gets serious.

5 Likes

He only ever does it with me. Every few months I get the full redbj disapproval :rofl:

7 Likes

Embarrassing to even suggest he could play here. Screw him.

Are we being snobs again? A whole cohort was in favor of bringing Suarez back but Messi? No, fuck him, loser, wanker, cancer etc etc. Smacks of the people who go to wildlife parks and say ‘I don’t wanna see the big five because it’s what everyone else wants and I’m too cool for that’

Not that I have any expectation whatsoever that he will come here, just an observation and opinion on my part.

3 Likes

Messi is no Suarez. It’s not just because he isn’t a former Red, I just don’t see that hunger and passion of Suarez in Messi.

1 Like

It’s nothing to do with his ability.

In other news, M’Bappe has apparently said he will leave PSG this summer. Yes please.

7 Likes

It’s not the same thing though is it? He’s obviously one of the greatest ever but Messi has no (good) history here, doesn’t press and would obliterate our wage structure and focus on the team

1 Like

Surely both are too old, Millie would run them into the ground. Normally once one of our lads reaches 32 it’s time to get rid of!

1 Like

nah i reckon your reading it wrong.

Messi is genuinely not a good fit for this Klopp team.

amazing footballer, GOAT for me, but a 32/33 year old GOAT who would disrupt the way everything is set up here from a financial and playing perspective.

…there you go @mascott , someone elses turn…

9 Likes

Thirty-four

McNulty, The Wire: What the fuck did I do? - YouTube

8 Likes

Appreciate it. Not as much as if, after a decade, you could realise Mascot is one t, but we’ll work on it :rofl:

4 Likes

Imagine we have become so discerning that we would turn down Messi joining Liverpool. Like we are all privvy to how he behaves or what sort of contract he would command.

“He would disrupt the dressing room”. Would he? Or would he be like Zlatan or Cavani at Utd, a season or two of sheer quality. I doubt it would ever happen, but I would think adding him (or better still, Suarez) on a season contract would be a no brainer.
If Klopp thought it was a good idea I would imagine it would work out.

4 Likes

We can rule out Barca! :smile:

1 Like

i suppose you want a capital letter aswell?

8 Likes

I’m not saying we should sign Suarez. I’m just saying that he has that passion we appreciate and expect from our lot.

2 Likes