The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Looks a lot better

During lockdown last year i watched a fair bit of the Bundesliga and seen him quite a few times,i thought he was pretty underrated tbh,there didn’t seem to be much talk of him but from what i’d seen he looked like a typical under the radar type,ready to make a step up and join a bigger club.

He’s got skills and guile on the ball and always seemed to pull something out of the bag when you least expected it,either inside or outside the box,i didn’t really take much notice of his best position or if he could do the Firmino role but i didn’t realise he was only 22,i thought he was around 28 for some reason,i’d be happy if we made a move for him.

6 Likes

Inter will sign Zapata to replace Lukaku, right! So, who will replace Zapata at Atalanta?

1 Like

Tammy Abraham

1 Like

Divock Origi

5 Likes

Yeah I only really had a look when he was linked with Leeds, but at 22 he looks exactly the type we’d bring in and turn into a superstar.

2 Likes

Mbappe won’t happen

1 Like

It won’t Mbappen? He’ll stay at PSG to form the so called dream front 3 and push for a move to Real next year once he realises playing alongside Messi is to the detriment of any other forwards in the team.

I actually think we stand a better chance this year while he still has a contract than next year when he’s out of it as we know Bosmans are exorbitantly expensive in terms of wages. If he’s on £300k/wk now it’s going to be much higher than that next year and there isn’t any way to make a 375k-400k wage work in our current structure.

2 Likes

Signing on fees.

3 Likes

Halaand will do :open_mouth:

I disagree.

There is a narrative that FSG are cheap bastards, and we just won’t pay the cash for Mbappe. I think they are very cautious spenders, and they won’t throw money around, but I think they would pay serious dough for Mbappe.

A few bits on this.

Firstly, according to some usually reliable journo’s we were sniffing around him last year and making it clear to PSG and the player we’d like to be in any conversation about his future. That wouldn’t be the case if we didn’t have a decent idea what kind of money it would take and were willing to consider it.

Also with FSG it’s not about the money - it’s about the ROI. If FSG can see a commercial path where Mbappe lifts the LFC brand and ultimately brings in more than the outlay it would take to get him, they’ll pay the money. They are savvy businessmen. That might look like being cheap sometimes, but they know an investment when they see it.

On Mbappe himself, I think the attraction of LFC wouldn’t be the salary (even though I think he’d get 250 to 400k at the top of our scale, depending on what pots we win) - it would be what LFC can do for his brand. Mbappe is going to make more from commercial activity than he’ll ever make from wages, and this is going to be the clincher.

I think we can offer him a package that puts him amongst our top earners, but also sets out a path to become the Lebron of football. And he can have his Madrid move with loads of his career to go.

11 Likes

As you can probably tell, I’m

Betting All In GIF by Angie Tribeca

4 Likes

We also were trying to sign him before he went to PSG.

I remember hearing a story from when he was at Monaco that John Henry took him and his mum on a helicopter flight around Bay of Naples pitching a liverpool move back then

7 Likes

I actually agree with all of that and always have I just don’t believe it’d be an addition on top of what we have. I don’t see all four of Mane, Firmino, Salah and Jota being retained in that situation. The obvious issues including Mane, Salah and Firmino all being older and having two years on their deals needing probable payrises to extend those deals. I think at least one would need sacrificing and as much as Firmino may be the choice for fans Mane makes more sense as he’s where Mbappe wants to be on the pitch and more likely to recover a big chunk of the Mbappe transfer fee plus freeing up a big chunk of the wages. I actually think an argument could be made for Firmino and Mane being sacrificed to recoup slightly more in wages and fees than Mbappe would take up, Jota getting a more prominent role after impressing last season and looking for someone new (to replace Shaqiri, Origi and Minamino) as the new “Jota” role of a good player who can challenge for starting roles if the others rest on their laurels.

I also agree with this I kind of feel its this summer or nothing with Mbappe. I’m really not sure I see him ending up here on a free unless he goes above and beyond on sticking to sporting integrity versus ridiculous riches. He’d have to do that a bit to come now but not sure I can see many “tempting” clubs affording the fee this summer.

1 Like

A couple of rumours about West Ham talking to us about Origi. :pray:

12 Likes

Absolutely!not interested in the dreams of Messi at all,I wouldn’t knock Suarez back,he has the passion required even if he is a bit older,but Mbappe? Yes please!

1 Like

Great dream if we had a midfield that could service them on a regular basis.

I know a lot of us dream about signing Mbappé. But does anyone here actually think Mbappé will be a Red, whether we buy him this year or get him on a free next year?

If PSG doesn’t re-sign him, I still think he’s more likely to end at Real Madrid.

2 Likes

Wishful thinking but the answer is no he’s not coming here.

Only way it happens is if Sadio or Mo go in the opposite direction but we are trying to resign them on a long term contract so that doesnt appear to be the plan. To me it looks like we want to keep them both long term.

He will go to Madrid next year on a free or he’ll resign with PSG nobody else can afford his wages.

2 Likes

All this mbappe stuff is just borderline cruelty at this point.

2 Likes