The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

In the scenario he’d still hold great value, that they’d be willing to pay. Providing he sets the league and Europe alight, when/of with us

The signing on fee will be increased significantly to compensate for an even lower weekly wage. (Your last comment)

Barca will take a Messi hit on their commercial revenues.

3 Likes

Might need another LB now. That looks like a serious injury for Robbo there judging by reactions. How unlucky are we :cry:

I don’t think the club is into impulse buys like that…

3 Likes

Thankfully he walked off so I might have overreacted. Looked bad the way it bent back but hopefully just a sprain

1 Like

More importantly, we already have Milner so…

1 Like

Fixed it for you

3 Likes

No, I meant as the backup left back seeing as Tsimikas would be the starting left back in that scenario…

EDIT: That said, that might just be another route into the team for Williams.

2 Likes

I hope not.

1 Like

Tsimikas
Neco
Milner
Beck

enough said… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Beck improved tenfold last year, had a really good season in the 23s and has done well in pre-season so far. If Robertson is out for a little while he could be finding himself on the bench in the coming weeks, never would have thought that.

5 Likes

Yeah his first few weeks in the U18s I thought he was similar level to Sean Wilson and was only playing because of an injury to James Norris.

Now he’s miles ahead of Norris and has played well at every level.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure we toured Asia a while back and sold out everything in sight. Nobody, except Everton, really tours Africa so its hard to say but the biggest teams here in South Africa are Liverpool and United. The popularity of teams is reflected by the broadcast coverage of Multichoice which is a South African satellite TV company. They are very prevalent on the continent and their primary offering attracting subscribers is the Premier League and Champions League with La Liga, Bundesliga and Italian league distant 2nd, 3rd and 4th place respectively. With any scheduling conflict in the CL, English teams get the prime coverage slot on the dedicated channels with delayed transmission for the others and of these English teams, Liverpool and United are the preferred showing. It’s a pretty broad way of determining popularity but I’d say Liverpool and United are right up there with Real and Barca in Africa. Where those clubs have the majority of the advantage is in South America and possibly in the North.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say North America, that’s for English teams, look at the owners of the clubs for starters.
I’d stretch that and say people mainly from Eastern Europe are fans of Barcelona and Real. In their eyes they want to support the best (most popular in there country, or most covered on TV) because they’re teams are not very good.

Zimbru
Cluj
Rapid Bucharest
Debrecen
Lokomotiv Moscow
CSKA Sofia etc……

2 Likes
9 Likes

Also says there won’t be deals done for either Jonathan David or Sarr so expect both of them here by about Wednesday.

3 Likes

Compared to previous statements from Klopp, this is basically a guarantee of a signing.

Think the team is solid - have to sell to buy, not necessarily because of money, but because of places in the squad.

Still tend to think a new, younger creative player or striker would be great to keep the squad fresh.

5 Likes

So it’s definitely not going to be any of Bowen, Neuhaus or Bissouma then!

1 Like

Playing devil’s advocate, City don’t have a top class striker and could pay him £1m per week. They can’t offer the exposure but they can offer almost limitless hard cash.

1 Like