The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I find it slightly odd that Bissouma started the summer as one of the players being linked heavily with a few clubs but that has all dropped off completely.

Maybe the Ben White transfer means Brighton don’t need to sell or have shown they aren’t going to let players go without a fight. Or maybe there’s an agreement in principle with someone already and it’s a waiting game for completion.

Either way, the trail is cold enough for it to look like it’s come out the blue if we did do it. Maybe with someone like Nat Phillips going the other way like we did with Wolves and Hoever.

2 Likes

Doubt whether many on here expect to see Mbappe in our shirt anytime soon.
But dreams are free,aren’t they?
As unrealistic as they may be.

4 Likes

He’ll still want top wages and the commercial platform

Look at Messi they offered him 70 millikn euros which was a 50% paycut for 1 season and he knocked it back.

The guy has more money than he could ever spend and still wouldnt accept being probably the highest paid sports person on the planet.

Think wages are a big big factor in where he ends up. Its why I think he may end up staying with Psg

1 Like

Couldn’t afford to buy us so doesn’t have that much. The concept of having too much money to spend just shows a lack of ambition :wink:

2 Likes

I have on good authority that because Messi is so impressed by our vision and the pride of playing for Liverpool, not only will he play for free, he has agreed to pay 80% of whatever it takes to get Mbappe here this season and subsidize 50% of his wages.

4 Likes

At last, a truly believable rumour.
Doubtful both of them will get a lot of game time, so this is very generous of Messi.
Wonder about squad numbers?
And when the unveiling will occur?

2 Likes

Yes, a huge part is them comparing wages, finding their self-worth in where they rank compared to wage of other top players. We can’t underestimate the ego of these guys

2 Likes

Only if your ambitions are solely financial. There are many other ways to find fulfillment.

1 Like

@Bekloppt meet @Klopptimist
@Klopptimist meet @Bekloppt

:joy:

1 Like

I wonder if all that early summer interest was being driven by his agent ?

4 Likes

Nonsense. I’d like to cure cancer, end world hunger, go to Mars, end global warming, stamp out one’s place of birth adversely affecting life opportunities etc. Also buy United and bring in Uncle Woy as manager.

£500 billion wouldn’t do this, it’s not all about money but some things absolutely require it.

2 Likes

Quite possibly but after a very good season you’d not be surprised to see bigger clubs sniffing about.

I guess the market has still yet to really get going. A few big deals aside, most clubs have done quite limited business considering there’s just over three weeks to go in the window.

The exodus from cash desperate french clubs has yet to materialise. The likes of Camavinga, Aouar and Sanches were all expected to move for good money and yet the season has started and they are still where they were.

Barca and Madrid are selling more than they are buying. The Bundesliga is quiet. Bayern only bought Upamecano so far. Dortmund and Leipzig are spending the money they made from big sales to replace the players they lost. Italy seems to be a mess from top to bottom and even the big sales from Inter look like they’ll go towards paying off debts rather than be reinvested in the market.

Even in England, the big clubs have mostly made one big signing each and outside the big four and Arsenal, most clubs seem to be spending modestly or just the money they’ve earned from sales.

There’s either going to be a huge flurry in the next three weeks or we might actually find that a lot of clubs end up doing relatively little business because there just isn’t the money being injected at the top to get things moving.

3 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

Explains the Shaq absence.

4 Likes

Don’t push it Mickey, take £10m and run :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Fuck that, there’s no way we should lose money on Shaq, he’d be a serious player in that league.

2 Likes

Well he hasn’t done anything here to suggest we should make money on him!

2 Likes

As soon as I see a sale rumour I go look at the buying teams lineup for potential swap deals.

1 Like

Me too characters

1 Like