The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

5 Likes

Hopefully a new team/league will relight his fire

Fuck, I canā€™t believe Iā€™ve just been dragged into quoting Take That lyrics. You lot are such a bad influence :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to get Gary Barlow to play along for what feels like ten years and he finally did!

2 Likes

Hahaha :rofl: :rofl:

From the Beeb:

Liverpool are eyeing a move for Rennes and Belgium winger Jeremy Doku, 19. (Voetbal 24 - in Dutch)

I really hope this is true. Admittedly from only having watched him for about 30 minutes during the Euros, so hardly much to go by.

The small amount I did see however, the man was an absolute menace whenever he touched the ball. Ridiculous power and acceleration, similar to that of Traore. He appears to have a better touch and you could see the panic he caused defenders in and around the box. (Iā€™m talking about football still)

2 Likes

As ridiculous as the offer is, at least it will hopefully put Lazio and others on notice that there is serious interest.

1 Like

Its a tough one as friendlies can give false hope.
Elliott, has from the first time I seen him play has impressed me. Im torn in wanting not to sign someone that would stifle his progress but at the same time I donā€™t want to put to much expectation on him.

Meh. Heā€™s no Djimi.

4 Likes

About the Woodburn tweet: seems quite reactive that, if a couple of games changes Kloppā€™s mind about a player he has observed for about five years.

Would be great of course, the more academy players we can use the better. And he was likely to be a relatively late bloomer, with his lack of standout physical/athletic talent or gift. Now though, in what appears to be a beefier version of himself, maybe it helps him use his football qualities more. Because thereā€™s never been much, if any, doubt about that.

2 Likes

I read it as a sales pitch.

8 Likes

Me too. ā€œKlopp has been blown away by the young talent. Heā€™s seen by some as the next Messi. All yours for Ā£10m cashā€ :handshake:

1 Like

Last sentence gives the game away. Last year of contract.

1 Like

ā€œIā€™m so happy for him. Like many of the team it didnā€™t come easy for him, but he has an Anfield future.ā€

I reckon he stays till at least Jan, heā€™s filled out and looks a very good player.

1 Like

That was my take too. Saying we are reluctant to sell is basically saying we are really keen to sell him.

That said, he was really good last night.

2 Likes

Christ, lads on Twitter suggesting we should be able to get an eight figure sum for himā€¦bonkers.

1 Like

The question is, where does his ceiling really lie? I think for the management team, we generally try not to make a decision until the player is about 24 now. Pretty sure I vaguely remember JĆ¼rgen saying something to that effect. To us, heā€™s probably a player who still has much more to grow into. The only question is how much, and where he would be best placed to do that at.

1 Like

Are they the same people who think we shouldnā€™t sell Phillips for less than Ā£50m?

1 Like

Itā€™s so easy though. Klopp just needs to set up a second player in the game, install it as manager of PSG, and us it to buy all the players we donā€™t want for ridiculous fees. Basically elementary football management. Klopp seem incapable of it.

3 Likes

Not to mention he should be saving before each match and going back to the save if we donā€™t get a victory. FFS how hard is it jurgen?!

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking weā€™ll be lucky to get 7 :sweat_smile: