The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Worked for Ferguson for years with Moyes and Bruce!

2 Likes

Bruce should have been done for his record against Fergie and Man Utd it was borderline criminal.

2 Likes

Did they specify in which currency?

1 Like

I usually donā€™t like wild reactions, but from what Iā€™ve seen of him in this pre-season lately from the stuff he played, I kind of hope he gets a new contract and goes out on loan. He has a year left. But I guess him being sold is also a possibility.

I really liked his attitude, probably thinking, there are not many midfielders at the moment, even bloody Elliott is getting minutes there. Iā€™m gonna show them the absolute best of me and fight for everything. Good for him, great to see.

7 Likes

Whether itā€™s a sales pitch or not, I highly doubt Klopp would be giving him important minutes so close to the start of the season if he didnā€™t feel like heā€™d earned them. Iā€™m inclined to believe these reports of his training quality whilst not necessarily believing it will lead to any serious first team involvement this year.

5 Likes

I do wonder whether we might extend his contract on the back of it, and send him out on a higher level loan (eg Championship, glossing over his short, unsuccessful spell in Sheffield)ā€¦

Have we signed Doku yet?

happy count dooku GIF

4 Likes

In fairness to him he went to Sheff Utd as a striker/winger whereas he now projects as a central midfielder, where he may have more success at that level.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fucking strange way to spell Mbappe!

5 Likes

Indeed, it was also a fair while ago and didnā€™t he get some sort of bad injury while there?

All I meant was I think heā€™d be far more successful now at that level were we to go down that route.

1 Like

Just thinking of the constitution of our squad for the PL and CL.

Just going to stick with the UEFA squad rules for this post to keep it simple

List A (anybody) (up to 17)

1. Alisson
  2. Adrian
  3. Konate
  4. VvD
  5. Matip
  6. Robertson
  7. Tsimikas
  8. Fabinho
  9. Thiago
  10. Keita
  11. Jota
  12. Firmino
  13. Mane
  14. Salah

I donā€™t see us including Karius, Shaqiri, Minamino or Origi here so thereā€™s three spots available.

Club Trained (up to 4)
Trent
Gomez
Kelleher
[Thereā€™s space for Woodburn here if Klopp wants to keep him]

Association Trained (up to 4)
Milner
Henderson
AOC
[Thereā€™s space for Phillips or Davies here but not both]

List B (U21 as at 1 January 2000 and with us for at least two years) (unlimited)

Jones
Jaros
Elliott
Bradley
Beck
Cain
Clarkson
Stewart
Glatzel
N Williams (Iā€™d sell Neco)
Rhys Williams (Iā€™d loan Rhys)
etc

I think I would be keeping either Phillips or Davies and would be happy to see one of our loan players who is over 21 take up that final Club Trained spot (Woodburn, Ojoā€¦even if itā€™s just for the year).

So potentially three spots on the A list if Karius, Shaqiri, Origi and Minamino all move on and one of Phillips or Davies leaves.

Iā€™m still keen on Lamptey. Would love Saul (or Cammavinga to build for the future). Doku sounds exciting but I know nothing of him other than what Iā€™ve read.

3 Likes

Oh god no, not another one of these links that will stay with us for the next 3 seasons before he signs with some other club :tired_face:

1 Like

I would be happy without any incomings. But we have to offload the following players:

Karius
Davies
Woodburn!
Shaqiri
Origi
Ojo

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Minamino is going anywhere. Probably our stand out performer in pre-season along with Tsimikas.

2 Likes

Harvey Elliott would like a wordā€¦

5 Likes

Sorry, he is in the top 3 with Taki and Kostas! Embarrased for myself.

5 Likes

you missed ā€œgetting drunk with Semmy againā€ on this list

2 Likes

he have a flatulence problem?

Doku seems to fit. Wide cover and future Mane or Salah replacement.

CM not sure we need if Keita, Ox stay fit with Elliot.

1 Like