The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I think we’re well stocked for tiny wingers

1 Like

Bye bye bye, I say :joy:

10 Likes

Isn’t he Fofana replacement?

Don’t want the disrespectful idiot anywhere near our club…

13 Likes

mbappe will def stay put because he gets to play alongside messi
hope they start arguing soon to drive mbappe out to us. We do need a good player in attack. I feel we’re a bit short of suitable options IF one of our front 4 gets injured

is it me or are the press linking Arsenal with everyone this summer?
Why would Silva drop down to Arsenal who have no European football and no real hope of anything?
Love the line - Arsenal have opened talks…then says player wants Euro football…so what’s the point of talking? Utter crap.

3 Likes

Bernardo had one excellent season at City and done bugger all either side of it. I don’t think they’ll even notice he’s gone.

2 Likes

Arsenal on a spending spree :rofl: No just picking up freebees. :grinning:

2 Likes

I thought Arsenal had UCL……UEFA Conference League

3 Likes

Klopp would say it’s better to have a hole than an arsehole.

2 Likes

Messi’s arrival paves the way for Mbappe to leave.

Mbappe wants to be the top dog, we saw it at the Euros with France, he wants to be the centerpiece in trophy winning seasons in the way Messi, whilst surrounded by an incredible team at Barca, took all the plaudits for their success.

If he doesnt go this window he will next and Psg can point at Messi and tell their fans they have still got the best player in the world.

Just out of interest how can Psg afford the wage bill they would have. Prob double ours with half the revenue. How does that work with FFP or is that dead and gone now.

4 Likes

Rumour has it they’re trying to sell up to 10 players. Should generate some funds, also since the pandemic started apparently FFP has been wavered slightly to help clubs.
It is also important to remember this is the same club that managed to pay £367m for 2 players and they’re owned by Qatar who also somehow managed to get the 2022 World Cup.

2 Likes

No need to buy, we living rent free.

1 Like

I think every dubious link has had them mentioned in it.

When they say competing it means we aren’t actually involved but who is going bother reading what Arsenal are up to.

Paraphrasing John Henry but I’d be interested in knowing what was the losing bid for Ben White :wink:

right?

how about this for human rights violations and corruption:

3 Likes

The problem is everyone is trying to sell ten players, and nobody has any money until they have.

3 Likes

Rory Smith was saying something about this earlier… The big super rich clubs have basically broken the market… They keep buying players and sticking them on huge wages, the more they buy “better” players their old “better” now can’t be shifted due to said huge wages.

Real/Barca/City/PSG are all prime examples… They all need to shift 5+ players but unless players take big pay cuts they aint going anywhere.

6 Likes

In a much smaller way the same thing hinders us.

Part of the conundrum with Origi and Shaqiri is their wages. Not a problem for us to pay, or for clubs at a similar level to us. The problem is that they won’t get clubs at a similar level to us, at which point their wages - modest by the standards of a top club - are high for a mid club.

It can all be worked out of course, probably by accepting a lower transfer fee than otherwise imagined.

Still, the problem that blights Real/Barca/City/PSG hinders us too, albeit in a much smaller way.

5 Likes

I mean, the threat level here is fucking off the charts.

11 Likes