The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

They also probably haven’t shown enough to warrant the investment. Scouts won’t look at 10 minute spells in a few games where they do something, they need to be sure their investment is worth it. Would I pay £15mil and what £75k a week for Origi? Probably not… I think you’d be able to find better value out there.

3 Likes

Think that he is right, why go to other players’ social media accounts to abuse them because that is what those Liverpool ‘fans’ are doing, there are so much better things to do.

No, nothing wrong with what he said IMHO.

1 Like

This is obviously correct to some degree, covid also obviously plays a factor as does the fact that Barca, Real and probably Juve have somewhat broken their own finances reducing the number of super rich clubs capable of moving some of the bigger talent around.

I think pretty much everyone here a couple of years ago would have been expecting that we would lose one of Mane or Salah to Barca or Real at some point. That money would allow us to go shopping to refresh the squad, while freeing up some space on the wage bill as incoming players probably start on lower salaries (and the wage structure may not need to change as fast).

2 Likes

Was he stroking a white furry cat during this conversation I wonder.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how much of that would be really an issue for these two players - unless other clubs are desperately trying to slash wage bills. We know our wages are heavily incentivised. Origi and Shaq for example would not be anywhere near the top of the wage bill here because they are squad players and presumably would be looking to become regular starters at their new clubs - so the gap shouldn’t be insurmountable (I would expect Ings to have been on a higher salary at Saints than Origi is here for example).

1 Like

Yes I always saw Salah going to PSG giving us the money to refresh the squad, it’s put us into a bit of a bind contract wise but we seem to be navigating it well (despite the whiners complaining about lack of signings).

1 Like

It’s really concerning. The reference to his family especially.

1 Like

Maybe his brother or father is his agent?

Phillips and Shaqiri not seen training today.

1 Like

Agreed

That’s one off Klopp’s list of players in those tweets

1 Like

So…he wants another attacker when he manages to sell Shaq/Origi

2 Likes

That’s how I read it.

Makes the most sense.

1 Like

I’m not contradicting you but are their (Shaqiri, Origi) wages really hindrances or the buying clubs are playing hardball since they know we want to sell them???

Origi came from Lille and Shaqiri from Stoke. Even with the premium we offered, their wages shouldn’t to beyond any midlevel clubs.

3 Likes

Cheap gits.

4 Likes

Lazio might step in with a box of shortbread soon.

7 Likes

I think moving him out of the squad matters more than either freed up wages or any transfer fee. Karius won’t be listed. Shaqiri and Karius off leaves enough room to bring in a player who is non homegrown if we want. Still think Phillips, Davies and Origi will be off too. Only really believe one player is coming in this summer now in addition to Konate already arriving.

1 Like

Leicester have had a bid accepted from Southampton for Vestergaard, a lot of talk Southamptons option to replace him is Phillips.

Wonder if the view is we want £20mil + wages off the bill and if we get it from Shaq and Phillips and gain the space it’s win win.

2 Likes

I wondered if there might be an agreement in place for him to go to Burnley but only after we play them the second game of the season.

Leaving him out so much suggests we know he’s off somewhere but rumours about him seem to have gone quiet.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make sense to me. We would know how to exploit his weaknesses if he were to play.

1 Like