The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Haaland.

Next.

1 Like

Hahahaland.

Next.

1 Like

I remember years ago there was a persistent rumour coming from France, very similar to nowā€¦fella called GBH on TIA had it, insider stuff.
It was massive, we couldnā€™t believe it but it happened.
Djibril became a Liverpool player
#believe!!

FSG sounded Klopp out when they sacked Woy so they clearly dont just give up on someone at the first hurdle.

2 Likes

Even Emmanuel Petit is telling Mbappe to go to Liverpool. :rofl:

3 Likes

Liverpool is his next move. On a free next summer, large signing on fee, then gets paid in the same bracket with Mo and VVD. He could earn more staying where he is, or going to another oil club, but the money we would offer would at least be competitive.

His next move is about falling in love with the sport again. It has to be a slog being threatened by the owner and booed by your own fans.

I genuinely think he will come to Liverpool to play under Klopp, to be loved by fans again, and to compete for the biggest prizes. Ok, this last part will be there for him wherever he chooses to go, but the other ingredients, the stuff that makes us special? He wants some of that.

Real Madrid will still be there 3-4 years later.

8 Likes

There are plenty of reputable sources. They tend not to be the ones who rely on tenuous transfer rumours in order to make a living or be relevant.

If youā€™re listening to The Transfer Window Podcast, reading Football 365 articles written by nobodies or The Echo rumour roundup then what youā€™re being fed is almost certainly unreliable.

If theyā€™re including citations of other articles that then cite another article that then cites some random site, person or passing comment from ā€œa source close to Xā€ then beware.

But there are those out there that do occasionally source things in advance of them happening or are fed stuff by the club. Itā€™s not that hard to block out the noise if you chose not to get caught up in it.

At the moment, thereā€™s a lot of Mbappe noise but nothing of any substance. Doesnā€™t mean it wonā€™t happen but probably means itā€™s not as likely as some may hope or believe.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been hearing here in France from the father-in-law. :astonished:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good enough for me!

7 Likes

My sonā€™s word should be good enough for you! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

If Mbappe is mentionned in a conversation and someone says ā€˜heā€™s going to RMā€™ the immediate reply is ā€˜Nah! Liverpoolā€™ down here. Even before me or my son have had tipme to say it.

4 Likes

If it was at a BBQ then iā€™m sold.

8 Likes

LeBBQ

1 Like
1 Like

According to Twitter mbappe will join real this summer for Ā£120m

Twitter is an application, not a source.
Twits using twitter! Comā€™on your better than this!

4 Likes
1 Like

Nor is your son a source, however, I would rather believe your son because it is what I want to hear :joy::joy:

Yes he is, at least heā€™s more reliable than me. :wink:

3 Likes

I love the Mbappe rumours but the more I see of Haaland the more I think he is the better option.

The kid is a monster

1 Like