The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Emmm! 1 year wait for Mbappe or 3 years for Haaland?
My patience would be worn out well before 2024. :wink:

4 Likes

Buy MbappƩ now on a 6 year contract, win everything, sell him in 2024, buy Haaland then and win everything. How does that sound?

8 Likes

Look Iā€™d be fine with skipping the Mbappe and Haaland bits and just having the rest :wink:

3 Likes

Never really worked out why City who want a goal scorer havenā€™t gone for Mbappeā€¦

Because he only has eyes for us.

You honestly think City wonā€™t have enquired about him? They must have been told he isnā€™t interested.

4 Likes

Yeah but they could throw money at him, despite everything, Mbappe would go if they paid him enough.

1 Like

Why isnā€™t he already there then, if money is his sole motivation? :thinking:

4 Likes

Thats my exact question!

1 Like

If that was his main motivation heā€™d have extended at PSG well before now.

8 Likes

He isnā€™t on peanuts at PSG is he

Because he wants to go to RM, as he has stated, though no one here wants to believe it

4 Likes

According to Spanish sources. :rofl:

2 Likes

Prior to January of this year, Qatar was in engaged in a war of words with the UAE (and other members of the Saudi led coalition). The coalition severed diplomatic relations with Qatar, and banned Qatari traffic from is airspace and waterways.

So the Qatari owners of PSG were hardly likely to entertain any approach from the owners of shiteh, even if Mbappe agitated for the move (which he has not).

4 Likes

It amazes me how much money there is in football.

Itā€™s ridiculous

2 Likes

Recurrent theme. At what point did it become ridiculous? When people were charged to watch? When the first player became professional? When radio and tv got involved? When sponsors started to show up? When rich owners got involved?

On the one hand anybody being paid double what a leading doctor is is ridiculous. But equally earning Ā£300m for your club through your play, association, work, image etc etc entitles you to Ā£100m.

1 Like

Ye Iā€™m not sure the start point. It is just all crazy. It isnā€™t a sport any longer itā€™s business aint it and I get that but itā€™s still staggering

1 Like

Napoleon Dynamite Want GIF

1 Like

Can you imagine the amount of FSG Out fume there would be if we sold a 25 year old Mbappe.

2 Likes

Season 2024/25, the frontline of Alonso/Gerrard/Lijnders

MbappƩ (26) Haaland (25) Daka (26)

Theyā€™ll be a bit old by then.

6 Likes